Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,
This is my first question, probably of many. After 20 years without pigeons, I am finally in a place where I can have them again. What book would you suggest that would describe common pigeon ailments, preventative and corrective care. What medications should I have on hand at all times.

Is there a thread for this already. I browsed through them, but there are so many.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Hello everyone,
This is my first question, probably of many. After 20 years without pigeons, I am finally in a place where I can have them again. What book would you suggest that would describe common pigeon ailments, preventative and corrective care. What medications should I have on hand at all times.

Is there a thread for this already. I browsed through them, but there are so many.
I don't know of any good books, but I've made my own compiled with the wealth of information at Pigeon Talk and also I refer to -
http://www.chevita.com/en/pigeons/symptoms/index.php
:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. I'll keep the website in my favorites. I'd still like a book to have on hand though. Has anyone read the "Flying Vet".

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'll keep the website in my favorites. I'd still like a book to have on hand though. Has anyone read the "Flying Vet".
IMHO.......this is THE best book available today. I have it and if I could only keep one book, this would be it. WELL worth the money it costs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How about medicines?

Thanks, I'll look for that book. Any other suggestions are also welcome.

What basic medications should I have on hand for emergency pigeon care.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Basic stuf are
Canker - Spartrix, Fish Zole
Coccidiosis - Appertex
Worms - Ivermectin
Antibiotic - Amoxycilin
I like your approach to pigeons! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses

My obsessions come in cycles and whatever the current obsession is, I must read and learn all I can about it. I've been spending a lot of time on the site and reading all I can about care. Hope I don't have many sick birds, but I'd like to know what to do when it does happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts