Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just found a pigeon today, would really appreciate if anyone could come get it or let me take it to them. Looked up what to do and was told to secure the pigeon so it’s safe from predators. I knew it wouldn’t survive the rest of the day/night out here with the amount of cats outside anyway. But yeah, it doesn’t fly, stand, or walk. The feathers don’t look broken nor the legs, so not sure what the issue is. Nothing about it looks ‘sick’ or ‘broken’ to me, though clearly something’s wrong. It does have a large patch of missing feathers on its back but you can only see if you lift the surrounding feathers and when it opens its wings. Possibly attacked by something? It’s eyes are clear, no crusty or gunky stuff anywhere. Breathing seems a bit rapid but I don’t know what normal pigeon breathing looks like so.

It hasn’t wanted water and I’m not sure it’s eaten any of the seed I left for it. I have it in a small box but not sure what size box to put it in. It’s sleeping right now.
Bird needs antibiotics IMMEDIATELY. I'm in Hoboken you can bring here.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Update: we did some light leg exercises. One leg feels very weak and limp but she is able to move it, mostly when I touch the other leg. Now I’m going to let her rest for a while back in the bathroom. She’s been guzzling down water, it’s really nice to see. Hasn’t gone for any peas or bread yet. Tried once to get some seeds but gave up. If I can help this little babe back on her feet and in the air I’ll be really stoked.
No bread please.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts