Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Neighbors have been haveing a property disbute with me for the last 3yrs.
Don't get it wrong, It's not my fault!
I have a 6' high privacy fence surrounding my backyard (my Property), and City Approved)) my neighbor has been Encroching (sp?) on my property by pushing Pee Gravel ever and ever tword my Expensive 6' Wood fence. Yust'ed to be Green Grass!
I've had to erect my fence 3' from my property line ($hitty Rules), So now my Good Neighbor Has taken it upon himself to do some land scapeing!!! (Scrapeing?)
I Called the Sheriff, and they said that if I didn't like it, I should rake it up myself!!!
SMALL TOWN NORTH DAKOTA! (DON'T MOVE HERE!!!)
Anyways, As many of you know, I only have 6 Pigeons, And I was told : You put up your fence, to keep animals out, and to keep your animals in!
I do Have 2 Hunting dogs-Bird dogs, So What!!!
What doe's keeping Pigeons+Dogs have to Do with My GOOD Neighbor PUSHING GRAVEL On MY Property???
WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOING TO ACCEPT PIGEONS,AND THEIR KEEPERS???
MY ANIMALS!!!
Give Me A Break!!!
Since When, are Pigeons ANIMALS???
I thought, my Dogs (Bird Dogs) were Animals!
{I Rarely Hunt, But When I Do, My Adopeded Dogs, Stay Home}

Again, since When are PIGEONS CONSIDERED ANIMALS! ???
I Am going to Insist that My Neighbor REMOVE HIS MESS FROM MY PROPERTY, and if that Isn't done, I will have to Sue the city,+the Sheriff for not doing his JOB!
Yes, I'm POED!!!
My Animals?
Do I Have A Zoo?, Because I Keep 6 Pigeon's, in North Dakota, U.S.A ???
This is a Small Town, That let's people Dump on their neighbors, But when you have Animals (Pigeons), in your expensive back yard, You Might Get Kicked Out Of Town!!!

I'm Just Plain Angry!!!
ND Cooper :mad:
I've(Owned + Paid Taxes!) lived here for 3 yrs.
You would think, that haveing Animals in your backyard would be Legal!!!
Still, Really MAD!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Agreed

OMG, the same thing happened to me!
my neighbors have 2 young kids (about 8-ish or so) and they seem to think that pigeons, by default, are animals that can be tortured and made fun of. just yesterday when i was out doing some gardening, they "visited" with their parents (who were talking to me about something or other) while they walked over to my aviaries (i have 2, one for Pooper and the rehabs and one for the show birds).
AND THEY THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A HOOT TO TRY AND 'POP' MY POUTER'S CROP!
Yes, they literally snatched him and held him so tight that he couldn't even move his wings. And i only noticed when i heard a loud 'wooping' noise. so i ran over, and snatched him back, and gently placed him back into the aviary. and i was about to tell them to @#^$%$*&^#%$& themselves, until their parents came over and said something dumb, like "don't do that, dear...you wouldn't LIKE it to pop, would you?"
i was about to shout "well, you could have just mortally injured my bird!" but i didn't, i restrained myself.
AND THEY RELEASE THEIR CAT TO TORMENT MY BIRDS EVERY EVENING! I KEEP SEEING DEAD MYNAHS OUTSIDE MY HOUSE AND I KNOW THAT IF I'M NOT CAREFUL A ONE OF MY BIRDS COULD EVD UP THE SAME WAY BECAUSE OF THEIR @#^%^##%^# CAT!!!
Sorry, ranting a bit.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotta Do Something!
Rant! Somemore!!

Now , I'm Just about Swinging MAD!!!

ND Cooper

·
Registered
875 Posts
OMG, the same thing happened to me!
my neighbors have 2 young kids (about 8-ish or so) and they seem to think that pigeons, by default, are animals that can be tortured and made fun of. just yesterday when i was out doing some gardening, they "visited" with their parents (who were talking to me about something or other) while they walked over to my aviaries (i have 2, one for Pooper and the rehabs and one for the show birds).
AND THEY THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A HOOT TO TRY AND 'POP' MY POUTER'S CROP!
Yes, they literally snatched him and held him so tight that he couldn't even move his wings. And i only noticed when i heard a loud 'wooping' noise. so i ran over, and snatched him back, and gently placed him back into the aviary. and i was about to tell them to @#^$%$*&^#%$& themselves, until their parents came over and said something dumb, like "don't do that, dear...you wouldn't LIKE it to pop, would you?"
i was about to shout "well, you could have just mortally injured my bird!" but i didn't, i restrained myself.
AND THEY RELEASE THEIR CAT TO TORMENT MY BIRDS EVERY EVENING! I KEEP SEEING DEAD MYNAHS OUTSIDE MY HOUSE AND I KNOW THAT IF I'M NOT CAREFUL A ONE OF MY BIRDS COULD EVD UP THE SAME WAY BECAUSE OF THEIR @#^%^##%^# CAT!!!
Sorry, ranting a bit.

that is awful!what little brats!can you go to your neighbour and explain what his/her kids is doing is unacceptable,that it could have seriously injured the pouter and that you would prefer if her kids just stayed away from your birds,id also suggest to her that she buys a collar with a bell on it for her cat,im trying to be nice and diplomatic but your story made me mad,i have a 7 yr old daughter who respects animals and wildlife and hearing of dumb kids who hurt animals or birds just makes me want to give the parents a good kick up the a**

·
Registered
754 Posts
problem

Gotta Do Something!
Rant! Somemore!!

Now , I'm Just about Swinging MAD!!!

ND Cooper
Well If I had the problem I would do what the police siad, I would run a tight string down the p/l and every peble on my side would be put into a wheelbarow, I am sure I could use it around the loft or someplace like a walk way in a garden:D Let him see this I am sure he won't like it>Kevin

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Well If I had the problem I would do what the police siad, I would run a tight string down the p/l and every peble on my side would be put into a wheelbarow, I am sure I could use it around the loft or someplace like a walk way in a garden:D Let him see this I am sure he won't like it>Kevin
Kevin that's a great way to put a positive spin on the situation! Kudos to you my friend!:D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I do not understand... If it is on there side of the of the fence, YES your Property, why do you care? The Secret to Keeping Pigeons, is NEVER get into "Discussions" about such Trivial things with your Neighbors. Dave

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I do not understand... If it is on there side of the of the fence, YES your Property, why do you care? The Secret to Keeping Pigeons, is NEVER get into "Discussions" about such Trivial things with your Neighbors. Dave
I do agree with you LT. I just thought I was missing something.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
property dispute probably don't have that much problem here in San Diego because each land is measured and has an installed marker which you can't disturb. There is no guess work. With the advent of gps, property measurements would probably be easier.

When we installed a new fence, there was a marker there. We even asked some person and that person was able to pull some file concerning our measured property. They have a file where it shows your property and your neighbor's property with line measurement and references.

You probably have to ask your local government(surveyor?) for any confusion.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Rod, the deal is, in most areas the Fence MUST be a certain distance on YOUR side. This person is making big a deal about what his neighbor is doing on the other side of the fence. REAL silly if he does not want to lose his Pigeons. Dave

·
Registered
857 Posts
I suggest going over, when you are no longer angry, and talking to your neighbor, if you have not already done so.
Explain to them that the 3 feet of land on their side of the fence is your land and that you want to keep it in grass. Maybe you can ask them to put up some edging to keep the pea gravel from expanding.
I would not be offended by the pea gravel, but it is your property and you have the right to do with it as you will.
It is much more pleasant to have neighbors you get along with, so it is best if their foibles are small, just to ignore them.
Keith

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Dave,
Thanks for the info! That would explain why we can build double fence. LOL! We have a fence and my neighbor has a fence. LOL! We worked things out and now we just have single fence.

Here in San Diego the rule is simple and just like this: "No portion of a fence shall extend beyond the property line..." so perhaps technically we can build fence up to the property line.

I think with ND Cooper's problem, the neighbor is putting some gravel 3 feet from his property. Maybe the neighbor doesn't know that the 3 feet distance is not his/her. Maybe the neighbor thinks that the fence is the property line. LOL! Definitely they need some talking together and perhaps with municipal code rules book on hand.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Disagree

Rod, the deal is, in most areas the Fence MUST be a certain distance on YOUR side. This person is making big a deal about what his neighbor is doing on the other side of the fence. REAL silly if he does not want to lose his Pigeons. Dave
IMHO, the city/town is wrong by ordering the fence built any specific distance from the property line. The fence is a de facto property boundary, and by requiring three feet from the actual property line, the town has told the owner to let his neighbor have three feet of his land without just compensation. If you really want to raise a stink, talk to a lawyer about this. Actually, its probably not worth it...unless you want to be a bad neihbor-yourself.
I am very familiar with lousy neighbors and unjust and restrictive regulations, have fought and lost until I found loopholes that allowed me to keep my birds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts