Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I just had to post this comical story and if there is a way I can get a picture of it I will! I went to put Petey into his cage the other night.Now generally I don't have any issues he goes in and then gets upset when I close the door. Well smart baby that he is....he saw where he was headed and right when we got to the door opening he stuck out his wings.Mind you he was going in tail first and so it really looked like he was trying to hold on to the sides and not go in.So I didn't want to force him and hurt him, so I tried again...same thing...we did this four more times (partially because I thought it was cute rather then cover his wings)...then I finally went beak first. I just had to share because the mental image was one I am sure you all could picture and it just struck me as funny!!:D

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
LOL, I can picture it, how funny.
Pigeons are so smart and funny. :p

Reti

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Yep, that does conjure up a funny image :)

Petey sounds like a really self-willed little character!

John

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Oh, I have NO problem picturing that, Tamara!! That Petey is a smartie and I am not surprised. A picture would be delightful!!

AND, speaking of "smarties," I have Woe and Gimie trained to fly back into their home cage when their exercise time is over. Since the opening is only about a foot off the floor, I just say, "Home, Gimie!" and "Home, Woe" and up they fly.

Dom, on the other hand is a not a good flyer and doesn't fly up to his home, which is about 4 ft. off the floor. Sooo, I get him to run into a small area, by saying, "Home, Dom!" and he runs into a towel I have in front of him. Works like a charm.

They know the drill...

Thanks for the giggle "picture!" :cool:

Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi and the gang :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
LOL.... How cute! He's probably thinking "geesh, HUMANS didn't she get it the first time I said NO:p!"....ROFLOL! :D VERY cute indeed!:D

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
LOL...naughty bird!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Yep, when you have a good relationship with your bird, they have no problem with sharing their opinions and preferences with you. :D

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I can just imagine it! Sometimes when my parrot gets nippy with a visitor or with her cockatiel buddy, I will go to put her back in her cage for a "time out" for a few minutes. Normally she will go to her cage easily at bedtime but when she's being "naughty" and about to go in for a time out, we'll get right next to the cage and then most of the time off she goes for a fly around the room, then sits on top of the cage innocently preening, "I didn't do nothin', Mom. She started it.":p

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think all animals have those moments that they express what they would rather do!! I certainly don't blame them...I am always amazed at the many of you that have routines and can ask your babies to go to bed...so sweet sounding...let's go nite nite and in they go...well not my rough rider...he will often look at me with one eye open and one leg up on his favorite perch and he seems to be saying..."what?did you want something from me?...gotta love them!! I loved reading all your responses becuase I just know that we all have those moments!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts