Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Is there anyone who clips the membrane of theire birds noses ? :confused:
Yesterday i visited a fellow fancier uninvited and caught him in the act of clipping the membrane , if i can call it that way , of his racers. :eek:
I was shocked ! :mad:

On my asking him WHY he told me that it makes way for more oxygen to the bird. :(
He mentionened that this flap hinders the air-intake !

My response was that he is not dealing with a carburetor.

Bezz

G

·
It's disgusting what some people would do to an animal in order to "win". I think it makes them the biggest LOSERS of all! :mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
That is a very cruel and absolute nonsense... I've never heard of that. Pigeons were designed to be one of Creation's fastest birds, and God gave them all the equipment they need.

This person should be reported and banned from racing.

The beak should only be clipped if upper or lower beak is overgrown, or for other issues which disables the birds from eating, picking, pruning, and drinking properly..or not at all.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
That is a very cruel and absolute nonsense... I've never heard of that. Pigeons were made to be one of creations fastest birds, and God gave them all the equipment they need.

This person should be reported and banned from racing.

The beak should only be clipped if one of the mandables is overgrown, or for other issue which disables the birds eating. picking pruning, and drinking ability.

I agree 100000%!!!!
The dumbest thing I've ever heard by far............

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Are you talking about this part?
And even if you are, that's just not right. I'm sorry.....I've heard lots of strange things but I've never heard this and there's too many birds that fly AND win from 500, 600 miles and they're noses aren't cut............

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And even if you are, that's just not right. I'm sorry.....I've heard lots of strange things but I've never heard this and there's too many birds that fly AND win from 500, 600 miles and they're noses aren't cut............
exactly!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice Hen!!! aswell.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
It is bad, and it would not help the bird take in anymore air. the front of a pigeon is evolved for the most air flow, WHILE keeping debris out of the birds lungs. it is not only cruel, but useless. Dave:eek:

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
It is weird. Unless that cere or wattle actually is blocking the nose like those on English carrier or even Dragoon, then I don't believe it is a good idea. I wonder if that person can just file it (joke). Those Carriers and Dragoon seemed to have no problem with their ceres/wattle.

That idea of clipping is probably one of those stupid ideas.

Having said that is there a way you can clarify some stuff. When you say clipping, do you mean enlarging the nose holes or clipping the white stuff which is on top the nose? You know in car racing, enlarging the intake will allow more air and can give car more extra horsepower. In animal kingdom, nose hole enlarges during predator chase for obvious reason--better get a lot of air in there to have extra speed for escaping, etc.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
This is a crime against these birds, it is not only cruel, but a sin against Creation. How dare he thinks he can re-design what God has already made perfect. :mad:

I'm just about to close this thread as I see no purpose in it, other then to encourage Bezz to report this crime and get this person banned from the sport altogether.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts