Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'm the owner of a sassy diamond dove.

She has some health issues but since October she's been doing very well.

I noticed that she has a growth at the top of her beak, brought it up to the vet and she just said she might have a calcium deficiency because the area is soft.

Now, that growth is larger, and I took her to the vet on Monday because she keeps sneezing, and I just looked at her beak and noticed she has no nostrils. ????? I have no idea what to do. She has an avian vet and I brought her to the vet specifically because she was sneezing and she seemed to be at times breathing through her mouth. I attached pictures, I have no idea what to do??? Has anyone experienced this with their dove, I can't find any information online anywhere.

The first two pics are what her beak looks like right now compared to a month ago in the last pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your poor bird has canker.
Your vet is a moron.
Take the bird to a different vet and tell them its canker.You need to medicate this bird before it's beak falls off.
Poor bird
Some vets are heartless morons
Canker can cause the hard yellow part at the top of the beak? I thought it was just something that grew inside of the beak.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
It can be pox. I've also read that canker cannot survive outside the host. If this is pox, he might lose half of his upper beak. The pox will dry up and fall off eventually.

Do you have lots of mosquitoes around?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts