Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I put a wiker (spell check) basket filled with pine straw for my pigeons to nest in in my aviary, but they just sat on their perch all night. Is something wrong?

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Not a thing is wrong, they will just need a couple of weeks to get used to thier new home. If you can give them 2 or 3 places to build a nest.
Dave

·
Registered
459 Posts
you must give them time. is this the pair that you just got? it takes an average,5-10,for them to get used to the place,and to start thinking about reproducing. lighting has a great deal too. how many hours of daylight do you have. it takes 14-16 hours to get them started. b you dont get married and have children after a day of knowing a guy/girl. it takes time to get to know each other.

·
Registered
28 Posts
you dont get married and have children after a day of knowing a guy/girl. it takes time to get to know each other.[/QUOTE]

That explains why my first marriage only lasted 24 hours!!!! LOL
Waynef

you must give them time. is this the pair that you just got? it takes an average,5-10,for them to get used to the place,and to start thinking about reproducing. lighting has a great deal too. how many hours of daylight do you have. it takes 14-16 hours to get them started. b

1 - 7 of 7 Posts