Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few days ago we moved the couch in our balcony and it turns out there were 2 baby pigeons and a nest. The babies are fledgelings pretty big but still whistle and dont fly. so the nest had to be thrown out because of the mess it made in our balcony. There were no parents at the time. Then the babies started hiding behind our air conditioner fan outside. We moved the babies into a box in our balcony and put them close to the balcony railing since many pigeons chill on those railings maybe one of them would be the mother. Twice a day i pour rice grains into the box around the babies. They look to be around 4 weeks old still has a few gold threads on their feathers. So then the mother i assume came and searches for the babies around the air con fan area and didnt find them then she got on the railing and saw the babies and went in the box. When she got in the box the babies were whistling alot and loudly. I thought she feeds them but when i get closer i see that she is eating the rice grains and not the babies. And when i get too close she flies away. Im not sure whether she is actually feeding them or not. Also yesterday a pigeon that I assume is the father since the mother was kissing him and pecking him started wrestling this other pigeon and the fight even went into the pigeon box Where the other pigeon started pecking the babies. And then i shooed them away and the babies were even pecking each other when they fought. Im really confused should i pour rice grains in there or not. And is the mother even feeding them or shes just eating the rice herself?

Attachments

· Registered
8,198 Posts
Will it be possible to restore things on your balcony back to the way it was before you moved things around? Also take the babies out of the box. Don't put food down for now, this will attract other pigeons that might harm them. Check their droppings. If green and creamy, then they are not getting fed. They will squeak when one of the parents return for feeding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts