Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you might be able to see in the pic below, my remaining pigeon November has something weird with his droppings...this time they're not watery or discoloured.
THEY'RE HUGE!!
First he was having unusually small poops, but now...they're really big. No colour problems though. First they were quarter sized, and now almost the length of a chicken egg!!!11!
He hasn't had any diet changes, and nothing seems wrong with him, there is no blockage, or anything else that's abnormal.
One reason could be the heat? Tomorrow is about 40 degrees Celsius. Can this affect him?
Please comment!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Is she sitting on eggs? That might explain it. When they sit on eggs they hold their droppings until they get up and then eliminate huge smelly droppings. It is normal.

Reti

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Im quite sure hes a guy, with all the fluffing up and walking in circles while making funny noises, but he does sit on his eggless "nest". He has never laid eggs in the past, and I've had him for 11ish months, but recently hes been carrying twigs about and making nests. He sure looks like a guy to me...

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Im quite sure hes a guy, with all the fluffing up and walking in circles while making funny noises, but he does sit on his eggless "nest". He has never laid eggs in the past, and I've had him for 11ish months, but recently hes been carrying twigs about and making nests. He sure looks like a guy to me...
Reminds me of a freinds African Grey Parrot, They were convinced it was male, acted 100% male, used to talk to itself in the mirror and ask itself "whos a pretty boy" then after 18 years they suddenly found an egg !!!

As the saying goes, "IF it lays an egg - its female, If it doesnt lay an egg - it COULD be female" lol

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx people, I'm now less worried! But one more question; I know males sit on nests if they have eggs - pigeons take nest shifts - but do they if there is no mate, or egg???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.