Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We rescued a NPA reg. pigeon 1 week ago in Cupertino, CA from a hawk attack. We cleaned the injury immediately and called the NPA. The NPA gave me the owners contact info, which apparently isn't valid anymore. If you might be the owner, please give me the band# of your missing bird and I'll let you know if it's a match. The bird is doing great and is flying in the house daily and eating and drinking well!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Thank you for taking care of this little friend. It is people like you that give mankind hope. I hope you can find the owner and they show as much love for this bird as you do. If you can’t find the owner I hope you will consider rehomeing this little guy to be part of your family.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for taking care of this little friend. It is people like you that give mankind hope. I hope you can find the owner and they show as much love for this bird as you do. If you can’t find the owner I hope you will consider rehomeing this little guy to be part of your family.
Thanks for your reply. As soon as my kids saw the bands on the legs, they scared the hawk away and we immediately took it to safety. My only concern is that we have had it for a week in an oversized cage. Though we take it out daily to fly in the house, no bird should be kept like that for a long period of time. We already have our hands full with 2 dogs, 2 guinea pigs, fish and a snake and I feel this little one would be better with and experienced pigeon owner. It's a beautiful bird, white and light grey. Maybe we can find a good home for it soon.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Where is Cupertino, CA. I have a friend in San Diego who might be able to rehome this bird. I'll send him a PM and have him get in touch with you. I would take the bird but as you can see I live out of the country and bring birds here is a little trickie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts