Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, new to pigeon talk and just started back into pigeons and trying to join and play catch up for years lost. So here we go tried to join NPA yahoo group and told i was not welcome and this was final . this would be the eastern group. it`s funny because NPA thay did not mind taking my money for supplies. just venting some air out because the decision is final lol. thank`s all. mike

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I have never really cared about yahoo groups and it just seems like It was too complicated to join certain groups.. they should not be affiliated with NPA... it is their own group..it is great you joined the NPA...just keep that..and do your own thing. or ask here if you need anything. :)...glad to have ya!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have had great luck with yahoo groups. I even have one of my own. I made it where you had to request membership due to the spammers. But no one who ask to join and speaks of keeping fish as pets gets turned away. I am a member of several groups most of which request to join. It does work better to have an email account just for groups. No idea why that group refused you though.

·
Registered
359 Posts
hi all, new to pigeon talk and just started back into pigeons and trying to join and play catch up for years lost. So here we go tried to join NPA yahoo group and told i was not welcome and this was final . this would be the eastern group. it`s funny because NPA thay did not mind taking my money for supplies. just venting some air out because the decision is final lol. thank`s all. mike
Funny that you mentioned that.I remember trying to get a hold of a lady by the name of Amy Klopman of the michigan pigeon club(emailed/called/left a voice mail) to try to help with a ordinance issue in sterling heights that she helped with,to no avail.

A couple of days later as i was trying to join the NPA Yahoo group,to see if they could help,she replies out of no where saying that i have to be a member of the NPA to join the group:rolleyes:.Go figure.....

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yes the NPA yahoo discussion group is limited top NPA members, its a discussion site for members to talk about the club issues but also general pigeon topics.

Link

·
Registered
99 Posts
I joined the NPA this year for the first time with over 50 years with handling pigeons of all types and was also a member of their yahoo chat site, All it really consists of, Is a bunch of brown nosing members stroking each others backs! You can’t discus or question any NPA Policy issues on the chat site amongst members, because they get all twisted in knots, they monitor all messages which sometimes can take days before posting them and that’s if they get posted! At least PT is never offended by others Commentaries and trust its members to act accordingly to each others points of view with respect and which is not censored like the NPA Members Yahoo site that cant even trust its own Members to act correspondingly to each other on a open Forum and really for the most part seem to consider it’s a sort of taboo when ever such matters are addressed on almost anything that has to do with the way the NPA runs things. So I just resigned from the NPA yahoo site and I will not be renewing my membership ever again, its just a big whole to do about nothing! I think that women Amy Klopman barely won in the last election by 1 vote. I also heard from a person I befriended, a long time NPA member that held a ranking position in the past that said of another member, one of the big wigs that maybe profiting from the band sales, But Who can it be? they are also playing around & altering old European pigeon breed standards, because they wont stand up to their own specialty clubs that are submitting new and outlandish clauses in the NPA book of standards without having the decency too first consult with the Europeans & Australians before hand. I think that there all myths anyway??? I would rather spend my 20 bucks of membership fee buying a homeless person dinner like I have done many times before and buy my own bands before I give it to a big ring freak show like the NPA.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I joined the NPA this year for the first time with over 50 years with handling pigeons of all types and was also a member of their yahoo chat site, All it really consists of, Is a bunch of brown nosing members stroking each others backs! You can’t discus or question any NPA Policy issues on the chat site amongst members, because they get all twisted in knots, they monitor all messages which sometimes can take days before posting them and that’s if they get posted! At least PT is never offended by others Commentaries and trust its members to act accordingly to each others points of view with respect and which is not censored like the NPA Members Yahoo site that cant even trust its own Members to act correspondingly to each other on a open Forum and really for the most part seem to consider it’s a sort of taboo when ever such matters are addressed on almost anything that has to do with the way the NPA runs things. So I just resigned from the NPA yahoo site and I will not be renewing my membership ever again, its just a big whole to do about nothing! I think that women Amy Klopman barely won in the last election by 1 vote. I also heard from a person I befriended, a long time NPA member that held a ranking position in the past that said of another member, one of the big wigs that maybe profiting from the band sales, But Who can it be? they are also playing around & altering old European pigeon breed standards, because they wont stand up to their own specialty clubs that are submitting new and outlandish clauses in the NPA book of standards without having the decency too first consult with the Europeans & Australians before hand. I think that there all myths anyway??? I would rather spend my 20 bucks of membership fee buying a homeless person dinner like I have done many times before and buy my own bands before I give it to a big ring freak show like the NPA.
I would say you have a sore attitude. The specilty clubs Breed towrds the standard They support the select breeds. And move the birds forward. They change the standard over many years If needed And it is voted on by members. As many breeds are much better then in the past because people do and did work towards a goal.The NPA and othe clubs does alot to promote the different breeds of pigeons.. Far as the thread states. I guess being a member would let a person join the yahoo group. Being bitter towards the NPA Is your choice. But I had pigeons for most my life and you are the first person I ever heard of that just hated the NPA I saw several people at shows over the years that got mad if there bird lost. BUT they are called sore losers And should not be showing birds if they could not take a loss.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The NPA and other clubs have done many more good things than bad. We all have a choice in joining or not joining. I agree there is a lot of ego stroking etc going on but why worry about things if you don't want to be a member. I also doubt John Heppner is benefiting from the band sales for if it was not for him going out on a limb a few years ago we would not have the bands.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ah Relee & Norwich so you are both NPA members?
Norwich, I didn’t mention any names of who’s benefiting from the band sales? Please tell me about it?, on second thought, forget about it! Who would want to be embroiled in such accusations! And Relee if the specialty clubs want too or are allowed to submit their version of breeds that’s submitted in the NPA book of standards with out any oversight before being Published in the NPA book of standards of any already established breeds, well more power to them! And Yes with less then a year, I leave the NPA with a sore & bitter attitude towards the NPA and feel wholeheartedly & enthusiastically about my choice not to renew my membership, given only my thoughts & insight in regards to my perception of the NPA has a whole! Thank you PT because on the NPA yahoo site one wouldn’t be able to have a conversation like this with its members! And that’s the truth!

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Hi MIKE, Are you you a member of the NPA as that site is only open to NPA members. They realy are just trying to keep non NPA members off because many times non-members cause trouble and that is something they are trying avoid. ..GEORGE;)

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Ah Relee & Norwich so you are both NPA members?
Norwich, I didn’t mention any names of who’s benefiting from the band sales? Please tell me about it?, on second thought, forget about it! Who would want to be embroiled in such accusations! And Relee if the specialty clubs want too or are allowed to submit their version of breeds that’s submitted in the NPA book of standards with out any oversight before being Published in the NPA book of standards of any already established breeds, well more power to them! And Yes with less then a year, I leave the NPA with a sore & bitter attitude towards the NPA and feel wholeheartedly & enthusiastically about my choice not to renew my membership, given only my thoughts & insight in regards to my perception of the NPA has a whole! Thank you PT because on the NPA yahoo site one wouldn’t be able to have a conversation like this with its members! And that’s the truth!
Any change to a breed standard Is looked at and agreed to . This by its self takes time And reason. Updating the standard. By the specialty clubs. Any New breed line take getting the birds in shows and getting others to raise the new breed. Which as you know takes years of work. The standard is just a goal to breed towards And is changed very liuttle over many years It the idea of that breed line to strive towards. The NPA is your choice to join or not Many never do join But buy there bands from the npa. And show there birds at the shows If they want. If you work your birds towards your goal That is all that matters. If you enjoy your hobby And share your hobby with others and feel happy then you are happy with what you do. National organizations May seem to do little But they do things that keep this hobby alive Bring people together that share there likes for pigeons. That helps just doing that. But yes express your rights and enjoy your pigeons.

·
Registered
255 Posts
No I am not an NPA member but belong to 5 different clubs. There has never been a controversary on the bands. I named John Heppner as a reminder to those that buy bands as that he negotiated a band company in Europe to take over for the company that quit making bands in the USA. He upfronted all the money so we could still band are birds with NPA bands. Joe

·
Registered
99 Posts
No I am not an NPA member but belong to 5 different clubs. There has never been a controversary on the bands. I named John Heppner as a reminder to those that buy bands as that he negotiated a band company in Europe to take over for the company that quit making bands in the USA. He upfronted all the money so we could still band are birds with NPA bands. Joe
Wow Norwich that was so nice of him! Like you said, for him to front up the Money for the bands, you seem to be well versed on the band issue for someone that’s not a NPA member! Well I am a NPA member that have spoken to other NPA members, so I don’t agree that there’s never been a Band controversy amongst them, so now I completely understand why the NPA implemented such a strict policy that no birds can be shown at a NPA sponsored event with out NPA bands on the birds! So then why do they make exceptions for birds banded with IF, AU and Canadian organizations that don’t pay dues that have their own sealed band Policies? And not for its own members? If there’s no problem with the current band policies then why was it a campaign issues that was brought to light by one of the Candidates that was running for president,(which I voted for, though he lost!) Its because there is an existing group of members though small, that don’t agree with the current band policy in place! Like I said, I really never ever cared to join any types of Clubs or organizations’ before but despite my better judgment, joined the NPA and with a little under a year an speaking with other current & ex members and after reading all of the NPA written Rules & Policies. I don’t want anything to do with the NPA and its upper echelon of officials. I’m not saying that the NPA doesn’t or hasn’t done Good for the Pigeon fancy in general but they seem to exceed or done excellent in their bad for the Pigeon Fancy! But this is merely 1 point of view “Mine” and I stand alone in my views and seem to like it this way! A discretely disgruntle one sided person with my own stance & opinions that will never follow the masses blindly without questioning where I’m going and for what reason! I found out that I don’t want anything to do with show type birds anymore because Gee I’m new to all this fancy pigeon show stuff because I’ve been a Pigeon flyer all my life but to spot what I and only I consider notable errors is kind of perplexing. With the pigeon air games or wars its how good you trained your birds that determines ones Knowledge and skill as a Pigeon handler or flyer but in the show cage it seems to be a whole other game that’s not played with the birds or that I just haven’t and at this point don’t want too master. I really think its “The Human Element” that plays a bigger part in the Show cage and not the birds. Because some of the upper elite & Members seem & sound more like politicians tap dancing around the issues when I first joined as a newbie and started to ask questions about the rules & Policies that where in place all they gave me was a recipe for mediocrity that's constantly jammed down our throats every day like some politicians do! About the only real clear cut answer I did receive from a few of the tap dancers was if you don’t like it get out! Or like you said Norwich We all have a choice in joining or not joining! I kinda really don’t regret joining because it was sort of oddly pessimistic & entertaining of many of them hearing themselves answer many of my questions, So It was worth the 20 bucks. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
What is it about the NPA you want to change. . 1 at the shows a reconized seamless band from a national club is allowed. And a split band on a old bird is allowed Now days bands are harder to split. A band that is an individual band with No organization backing is not reconized Because the band can not 1 be traced true to the year. to an idividual or club. Flying birds Often you still need to be in a club if you compete. Now for own enjoyment No. There is alot of working by clubs putting on a show. And the judges have to select the best they can to award the right birds. Show reports And there are allways sore losers that need to learn more about there chosen breeds and learn more about being a good sport. They few people at the top Many are great people when a person takes time to know them And many are will to help and teach new comers when they can. Alot of peole get pigeons have them a couple of years and think they know it all. Can not help them because they know so much in such a short time. Where most took many years to know what they know. But be glad you can ejnoy your pigeons But give others a chance to enjoy thers the way they choose show, race perform in the sky or just watch in the backyard.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Tiplets your info on the band thing is one sided and I hope the candidate you voted for had more of a platform than bands. I am glad we are on a forum where we can express ourselves in a fun and sarcastic civil manner of sorts.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What is it about the NPA you want to change.
Ok, Absolutely Nothing! I will refrain from my personal views. I don’t want to go head to head with a Monitor/Relee & Norwich, you both seem to know a whole lot more about the NPA then I do, other then I having read all the Rules and Policies & when it comes to my experiences speaking with dozens of NPA members that feel the same as I do. And I having had participated on the NPA Yahoo chat site and my 50 years in dealings with all sorts of pigeons and visiting a life time of pigeon shows and friends that breed them! I don’t want to be warned for speaking my mind when it comes to the NPA, against you both, Its just better for me not to respond to you relee! Yeah the NPA is Best Thing Since Sliced Bread. OK!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts