Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Freemont Ohio Pigeon Show is this Saturday,January 16 at the Sandusky County Fairgrounds.

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hello Sirpigeon! We are going to this show! We are brand new to pigeons and I am hoping to meet up with someone that would be willing to show us around. Are you from around the Fremont area? We are in Vermilion.

·
Registered
379 Posts
We went to the show. A very nice man there gave us 4 homers. The show was nice and to me was very crowded. I really had no idea what to expect because I had never been to one before. I found it to be interesting and very overwhelming at the same time. I hope that there will be more shows close to us in the future.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Glad you and the kids enjoyed the show and brought home some birds.
In a very short time--6-8 months-you will have birds to give away. They mutiply fast.
Be sure to band them -keep records which squabs are from which pair.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Glad you and the kids enjoyed the show and brought home some birds.
In a very short time--6-8 months-you will have birds to give away. They mutiply fast.
Be sure to band them -keep records which squabs are from which pair.
Yikes! I do not want to even think about that part yet. My hubby thought I was joking when I told him about the artificial eggs! I do look forward to the first babies but right now that seems so far off. I have lots to learn between now and then. I also look forward to one day being in a position to help out a newbie like myself. I would think that it brings great satisfaction to bless a newbie with a few pigeons and help them along.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was at the show too. The one building was very crowded but hardly anyone was in the other building. Come to Parma and see my birds sometime.

·
Registered
379 Posts
There were two buildings? We were only in the 1 that was way too crowded! Guess I should have looked around some more! We would love to come by sometime and check out your birds and get some pointers! Are you open to visitors? Do you belong to a club? Do you race? I am really interested in learning more about racing. I do not think that we would race anytime soon but it does sound like something that would be fun when we retire.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I e-mailed you my phone #,just give me a call when you want to plan a time to come see my birds. I don't race, but I do drive the racing pigeon truck for one of the local clubs.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I e-mailed you my phone #,just give me a call when you want to plan a time to come see my birds. I don't race, but I do drive the racing pigeon truck for one of the local clubs.
Thanks! That would be awesome. I will give you a call.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts