Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone Im alive!!!
I have a question so here it is
I work tons of hours I train/fight Mma I only have enough time to pretty much watch the birds fly for an hour or so I love having birds raising an whatnot should I raise birds an send to others to race?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
You can do that if you like.
Remember there are fees involved in futurity and one loft races.
Perch fee and entrance fee.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But look at the prices of clocks club fees an dues shipping fees gas for training runs all the same thing lol

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
But look at the prices of clocks club fees an dues shipping fees gas for training runs all the same thing lol
That is true.
This year, we've spent $45 for club dues, $15 for combine dues, $15 for IF dues, $25 for AU dues, $180 to fly OB's, $140 to fly YB's, only God knows how much for gas training, about 110 miles every weekend just to go ship birds and knock off clocks times 16 week ends which is over 1700 miles. Then figure in the feed to raise 50 YB's...........it all adds up. Probably well over $1200. Now, you raise a dozen YB's and ship them to a race and pay the fee, depending on WHICH race you enter..........there's not much difference AND you don't have to put up with all the crap. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
68 Posts
But then again, It would be preferable to train and fly youngsters yourself in club races to figure out which pairing produces the best. Unless you already know or like to gamble, then you can send some out and have them be tested and see if they can perform.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm more into the gambling part I love the birds don't get me wrong but I like the thrill know what I mean I think that's my next year plan

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hello everyone Im alive!!!
I have a question so here it is
I work tons of hours I train/fight Mma I only have enough time to pretty much watch the birds fly for an hour or so I love having birds raising an whatnot should I raise birds an send to others to race?
Do some research, ask around, find a good handler for a futurity ... or if you like to play in the one loft environment - find a reputable one loft race that you are comfortable with having your birds trained, go the actual distance on race day, payout in a reasonable time, etc ... read the forums, you can get some good recommendations on what to look for....

Best of luck...

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
That is true.
This year, we've spent $45 for club dues, $15 for combine dues, $15 for IF dues, $25 for AU dues, $180 to fly OB's, $140 to fly YB's, only God knows how much for gas training, about 110 miles every weekend just to go ship birds and knock off clocks times 16 week ends which is over 1700 miles. Then figure in the feed to raise 50 YB's...........it all adds up. Probably well over $1200. Now, you raise a dozen YB's and ship them to a race and pay the fee, depending on WHICH race you enter..........there's not much difference AND you don't have to put up with all the crap. :rolleyes:
:p

You are too funny !!! But, there is a big element of truth in that. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
races

Hey you got a jump on me, this next season will be my very first and I don't have a clue as to the difference in all the races..lol yes I know it's hard to belileve but it's true. I have some good young birds from Hapyco family and I would really like to give the racing thing a try just don't know what to do with them, and there's no local club around here, so that's out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts