Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my family just isn't as enthusiastic about this as I am so this is probally the only place were I can say that today marks the fact that I have had my pigeons for 1 whole year.:) I say pigeon fancier, they say crazy bird lady.

They might have a point, 30 chickens, 6 geese, 6 ducks and 12 homing pigeons!

·
Registered
385 Posts
lol. Well happy one year anniversary! Did you throw a pigeon party? I bet your pigeons are very exited.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! No party planned for the pigeons! I was thinking of just giving them a break from training and letting them loft fly (not that the weather has really allowed for a strenuous training plan this year!) and possibly some safflower seeds, and if I can find them raw spanish peanuts.

·
Registered
813 Posts
LOL... This post made me laugh,:p

:cool: SO CONGRATS, and many more wonderful years to come!:D;)

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Congrats! Hopefully you'll be able to celebrate this for many more years to come :)
And by the way, if they think YOU are crazy, they should come to my house! And not just what's here now, but to hear of what all I've had before too :eek:

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Thanks! No party planned for the pigeons! I was thinking of just giving them a break from training and letting them loft fly (not that the weather has really allowed for a strenuous training plan this year!) and possibly some safflower seeds, and if I can find them raw spanish peanuts.
Congratulations! I'm sure your birds will think celebrating with safflower seeds is a great idea!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congrats Telessa! I'm on 3 years since Dovey first arrived, and now I have 8 total!
Crazzzy Bird Lady-Mirror, mirror, on the coup, who's the prettiest pigeon?? (Dovey says..)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
See, I knew I would come here to get the good feelings I was looking for! Not to mention, a few laughs!

Terry, I am rather new to the waterfowl. Just got them this year. For geese, I have 4 buffs, one Roman Tufted, and one Sebestapol. For ducks, I have one hyper Indian Runner, 3 beautiful Cayugas (fitting as I live 20 miles from Cayuga Lake where they were developed) and two buffs. For chickens, I have 3 hens and 26 chicks that are Rhode Island Reds, and one buff colored silky. All but the three hens came from Murray McMurray if anyone is interested. The health and quaility of them is great. They are all beautiful birds. They keep me strong with all the feed and buckets of water I have to carry for them! I do need to get updated pictures posted soon.

Again, thanks for all the well wishes everyone!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
What would you like for anniversary present, Bird Lady?
Fertile ostrich egg from SA?
Your non-feathered family will hate me!:D

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Sounds like you have lovely ducks and geese, Telessa! I was privileged to have a very old Sebastopol living with me for a few years before she passed away. She had been dumped at a truly awful place in Garden Grove and somehow managed to survive there for a lot of years before she got rescued. For any that may not be familiar with Sebastopol's, then have curly feathers sort of like our Frillback pigeons: Sebastopol Geese I'll look forward to seeing pictures of your feathered friends!

Terry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts