Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awww...they're so cute! you are so lucky, terry. those ducks are so beautiful- i wish i had ducks!
do you need a pond?
:)
No, you don't need a pond, but ducks are not a pet to have without some real knowledge of how to care for them. They are darling, delightful, beautiful, but very, very destructive of your lawn (I no longer have a lawn .. I have weeds and bare spots .. bare spots thanks to ducks .. and weeds cuz I haven't moved the ducks to the weedy areas yet .. :p I also have lots of "pot holes" in the yard cuz ducks like to dabble .. )

Ducks need a predator proof night enclosure, fresh drinking water numerous times a day, bathing water (and no .. they make no distinction between what is drinking water and what is bathing water), and a proper diet. That's about it.

Terry

·
Registered
142 Posts

...can't really have ducks, then...
don't have lawn either- the quails made sure of that, LOL.

just one question i've always wanted to know-

do ducks REALLY drink their own poop when the dabble, or do they "leave" it???

sorry, don't know much about ducks. but they're so adorable-- you just wanna pick them up and hug them!!!
:D

·
Registered
984 Posts
Ducks think that clean water is evil and must be dirtied as soon as possible. They will eat their own poop, that is why cleanliness is so important. Fresh water at all times. Nevertheless, I loved my ducks and they kept the weeds down for me!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
What a size differents in those sweet little lovebirds!

Those muscovies are just so cute! The adult faces have such wonderful character.

Guess the Easter duckies are getting dumped in droves...the ones that lived that long. Sure glad for the ones that make it to your place!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Wow...how Adorable!

Terry, they're adorable!
So glad I caught this thread before turning in for the night...or I should say morning! Had a great day off and your pics made it even greater! What a nice way to end a busy day of studying!
That 'little squirt' baby is sooooo small.....gave me chills just thinking about having to watch over such teeny birdies! I'm sure he'll catch up to his/her siblings quickly!

I love those not-so-little duckies too!

Look forward to checking in on how they grow-up, so please keep sending pictures!
I think you will recall that I won't be having any baby birdies, so it's so nice to enjoy
yours! Please give them all, including that pretty Mama, lots of kisses from me and the gang!

Thanks for sharing!
(Not surprised to see you still with your many plates very full! Sweet Dreams!)

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Christin! It is so very good to hear from you! I've thought of you so very many times and wondered how you were doing. I hope you won't be such a stranger here!

That little lovebird just blossomed a day or two ago .. it is still very much smaller than the siblings but now is covered in that rather homely grayish/greenish fuzz. It's strong and healthy as far as I can tell and has been a real tough little one to survive with two so much larger siblings. I also give the parents a great deal of credit for keeping up with the little one and not letting him/her fall by the wayside. I would have tried to take over if necessary, but fortunately, that wasn't needed.

I'll get more pics in the next day or two.

Terry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.