Pigeon-Talk banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Honestly, I would stop the meds. Rather keep on giving him the multivitamins. He won't eat carrots by himself. You will need to cut the cooked carrots in small pieces and handfeed to him. In addition to that, you can also handfeed green defrosted peas. Defrost in warm water till soft. Open his beak and put one pea deep inside over the tongue and let him swallow. A youngster that size will need 90 peas per day, divided into 3 meals. Make sure seed are always available.

Do some online reading regarding vitamin deficiency in chickens. There's a lot more info available for chickens than pigeons. The condition of his feathers is already an indication that he lacks nutrition and this is probably affecting his eyes as well.
Hi,
Thanks a lot marina and bootface.

I read symptoms of vitamin deficiency as suggested, looks very similar

He sneeze occasionally too. Like seem him twice so far.

I have started with peas. Also he likes eating coriander, and spinach and green leaves. So i will give him in small quantities too. Read its good source of vitamin A.

Today he was much better aft I cleaned his eyes. One day of not cleaning made his eyes stuck

As soon as his eyes opened up, he was all jumpy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You can also give it egg patee, this is excellent for small pigeons until they eat seed and they love it.
Get whatever brand, This is made mostly from egg, you need to mix it with a small pinch of water or milk etc...(this would be the binder) then compress the mix with a spoon (downward face) on a hard surface so you mix the binder and the patee to get pieces, chunks of it that you can grab. You can then pinch the chunks to a small stick and show it to the young pigeon or you can grab the pigeon open its mouth and make it eat the piece of patee (first this then you can use the stick method)
Hi,
Thanks. He eats seeds and grains. He has become just fussy now a days. He just like his millets. Trying to get him eat veggies.馃ぃ going to be a task. I think I spoiled him by giving him what he likes.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts