Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an extra pair of Old German Owls available. Both are '08 hatches. I also have a pair of Satinettes and 3 unpaired satinettes available. The individual birds will be $15. The pairs will be $40.

My black-laced satinette looks like this

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...wJekNw&t=1&usg=__A3OUCIVEjXiuD_3sLtNh3x6xBgI=

The Old German Owls

The reason pairs are more expensive, as most owl and frill breeders will tell you, is because they have small beak which makes it harder for them to be successful parents. Successful breeding pairs are valued in the owl/frill pigeon world. That's why they are $40 a pair.

·
Registered
127 Posts
They are Classic Old Frills, and the one in the picture is a bluette spottail...

I just sold 5 for 20$ , not many people want them around here atm.. :(

I have noticed that Satinettes are not as popular on here or at least not talked about. I have just gotten into this breed and love them. Do you show them??? Why are they not very popular? Just curious... Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Oriental Frills aren't that popular because the show type require foster parents. And it seems like everyone and their brother has the Old Style with longer beaks that don't require fosters. Only we don't have show quality :p Because most of us use them for droppers, and only breed what we need to use. I however, love them :) I let them have all the babies they want. The squeakers are SOOOO cute and loveable!
There are some for sale, you just have to know where to look.
There's always a ton of them on egg-bid.com

By the way, that's not black-laced. It's a blue check under all that stenciling :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Classic Old Frills are a very popular breed, mostly because of the work of a few fanciers in the last seven years. They are now an accepted breed, with a ideal drawing, and a written standard. Our club is growing every year. If you are interested in breeding, raising and showing to the standard, you should join our club. There are many misunderstandings of the colors and patterns, mainly because there are so many beginners (a good thing). A easy to raise and very popular show breed, example 120 birds in the 2010 NYBS and 97 entered in Des Moines, Iowa in December. Want more info, contact me @ [email protected] or Jim Osche, 24630 Bender Ridge Road, Hermosa, SD 57744. Visit our new web site at www.classicoldfrill.org

Jim

PS Spottails are both barred and laced birds in a wide range of colors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts