Pigeon-Talk banner

Oriental Rollers

8K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Iloveroller 
#1 · (Edited)
Here are a few pix of my new FOR breeders

See less See more
#2 ·
How do yours perform? Mine do a roll or two but that is all. They are much more active on a windy day. I fly a small kit of three cock birds. Three to five in a kit seems to work best. Only fly after three p.m. No hawks then. Hawks have ususally eaten by noon.

#11 ·
Oh. LOL 42 is a good number if I could only breed that much. So far I have only weaned 5 birds.:(:confused: These birds are just slacking off on me this year, tons of infertile eggs.
Are you breeding in open loft settings, or individual pens?

Post up a video or two of your birds and breeding setup eh? that would help me get ideas for remodeling.:)

#13 ·
I have a question. How well do these birds roll? Say in comparison to Birmingham rollers?

#14 ·
Like BR`s it depends on the bird. They are scored on roll,plate,twizzle,deeeep tail rides and barrel rolls. Combinations of the maneuvers are added into the total score.
Mine are still young but doing enough to give me hope they will get better. they are more of a tumbler than a roller although they will string several rolls together. Then again this is my experience from my birds.
yits

#17 ·
Lol like all the names their must be alot of barakah when they fly around

#18 ·
I've been flying 6 youngbirds out of a Portable kit box and they are starting to perform better all the time.
They are mainly doing tailrides but the other day in a 15 mph wind 3 of them were starting with a tailride then going into a helicoptor spin,then a roll or two.
Very cool to watch.Something new out of them all the time.Very cool birds !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.