Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we shipped our first race last night. Our club built a new trailer. Actually, Everett and one other member built it. You know how that goes. Not very many "doers" but EVERYBODY wants to get in the action after the work is done.
Anyway, took a few pictures. Becky (MaryOfExeter) and her dad were there to watch the release and I THINK she was going to try to get some pictures. We'll see.

This is Everett and another flyer. Everett is the dark haired man.

Everybody's baskets of birds.

This is me telling the guys which crate to put the birds in.

This is the trailer.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Well those birds didn't stick around long, and they got out alright without anyone getting hurt.
The pictures weren't so great but we tried.

If you look close you can see some birds here :rolleyes: I don't think my dad was quite close enough.

http://picasaweb.google.com/MaryOfExeter/August30th2008

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those pictures are pretty good. The race isn't going so good so far. Course I only know what my birds did and one other flyer.
I had a few decent birds, but the rest must be sitting somewhere. Guess they'll mosey in later. It's hotter and more humid that we thought it was going to be.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Nah I just tried to stay out of the way. They had almost all the crates open before anyone came out. One shot out, the others just sorta sat there. I guess they must've found out how far they were from home and wanted the easy ride back :p

·
Registered
208 Posts
Lovebirds, that husband of yours is a true keeper, that trailer is a real work of art!! Good Luck with the race, hope all your contestants come home.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah I just tried to stay out of the way. They had almost all the crates open before anyone came out. One shot out, the others just sorta sat there. I guess they must've found out how far they were from home and wanted the easy ride back :p
Well, they weren't THAT far from home!! LOL.........the way they came in, you'd think Marvin took em' clear to Florida!! :rolleyes:
Don't know what happened, if anything. I only know what 3 people out of 9 did, so I'll have to wait till tomorrow and see how everyone else did.
Either our birds got tangled up with someone elses, or my birds went to Danville before they came home. I think some went to Danville and spent the afternoon. :eek:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well, we shipped our first race last night. Our club built a new trailer. Actually, Everett and one other member built it. You know how that goes. Not very many "doers" but EVERYBODY wants to get in the action after the work is done.
Anyway, took a few pictures. Becky (MaryOfExeter) and her dad were there to watch the release and I THINK she was going to try to get some pictures. We'll see.

This is Everett and another flyer. Everett is the dark haired man.

Everybody's baskets of birds.

This is me telling the guys which crate to put the birds in.

This is the trailer.

wow that's a really nice trailer. sure they did a really good job buliding it. hope all your birds be back by tommorow!!!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Renee,
Any news on the four missing birds? Also, The picture with Everett and another flyer, the boxes in front of them, are they your training baskets and if so, Where did you get them. They seem to be a lot taller than the one I purchased. My basket appears to be too small to allow the birds to stand upright in it.
Thanks,

George

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Renee,
Any news on the four missing birds? Also, The picture with Everett and another flyer, the boxes in front of them, are they your training baskets and if so, Where did you get them. They seem to be a lot taller than the one I purchased. My basket appears to be too small to allow the birds to stand upright in it.
Thanks,

George
oh George Im glad you asked that, I don't like mine either and I just bought them...too heavy and big and not tall enough for my liking....still learning:rolleyes::)

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Renee,
Thanks,

George
I've had two come back this morning so far.
Those crates can be purchased at any of the pigeon suppliers.
http://www.foyspigeonsupplies.com/catalog/2200.html
We bought some when we first got pigeons, but we purchased the wooden ones. Since then, my husband has built a few for new fanciers. The metal crates are nice. Just spray them with water, but they are heavy and I can hardly carry one full of birds. I can handle the wooden ones all right, but they're harder to clean. I can't even find one like the ones we have. Guess they don't carry them any more.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sooooo..........I didn't do AS bad in the race as I thought. I didn't win however. LOL
We've got a husband/wife/son that all live on the same property so almost half the birds shipped were going to their house. Guess who won the race??? LOL. They took the first 9 spots and my birds came in 10, 11 and 12.
I'm satisfied with that. Living so far to the west of all the other flyers, my birds didn't break out of the basket, but at least 3 of them broke off early enough to place in the top 10%. ;)
Don't know if yall remember me talking about Checkers.......a breeder cock that is a stray. 2 of my first 3 birds were his babies. :D

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thanks. I am getting ready to give them their bath. This is always fun for me and the wife. Watching the antics they go through when they take a bath.

George

1 - 20 of 32 Posts