Pigeon-Talk banner
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

· Guardian Angel
10,987 Posts
Feather Wings, I think you would do a FANTASTIC job writing a dedication!

Here is a suggestion: write some words from your heart, and post. THEN, others can add their thoughts.

Sometimes, one can be inspired by what others have written...

Hope this helps!

Love and Hugs
Shi :)

· Registered
11,458 Posts
I think that the title that you gave this thread and your introduction were perfect, straight from the heart.

Cynthia

· Registered
713 Posts
'Guardian Angel' is a perfect title, it really describes Maggie.

The 'sticky' is a great idea. I know Maggie is in a beautiful place, but those whose lives she had touched feel her loss very keenly. This would help us to accept this parting and make the thread a place where our thoughts and prayers for Maggie converge and fly to her.

But the suggestion I liked best was the adoption of a needy pigeon in her name. The gratest tribute to her life and work would be to continue her work, to take that extra step. Maggie would have done it. Let's make her proud of us.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

Maggie would have loved this - thank you so much!!! I saw Lewis on Saturday and he has been reading through this thread. It's very hard, but I think he will find great comfort here. And who knows, maybe he'll one day become a part of this awesome forum!!! Thank you so much for keeping Maggie in your thoughts.

· Registered
2,998 Posts
Thank you Shi! I just can't seem to find the words grand enough to deticate to Maggie.
Hi Feather, Thanks for all you're doing.

Why not sit and think as if you were actually talking to Maggie and try telling her how you feel about her and her life's work with the birds. You will find you are writing from your heart then and from that I think you'll know just what you want to say to honour her.

Give it time, the right words will come. Keep a note pad handy and just jot down any thoughts that come into your head. As Shi said, just relax and let your thoughts run.

I love the idea of the Guardian Angel too.

As many others, I didn't know Maggie personally but I find I'm often thinking of her. Yesterday I was having a go at making a screen for my rescue bird's shed door, not something I'm particularly experienced at. For some reason I kept thinking about Maggie, and felt she was laughing with me at my attempts to screw this wood frame together. I trust she excused my bad language when I hammered my thumb by mistake.

It's a lovely thought as someone else wrote that Maggie will be there to welcome the poorly rescues that pass over.

I wrote a thread a while ago about a lad that passed at a very young age from leukaemia. I was upset that he had died so early, before he'd been able to train to work with wild life which is what he'd wanted to do.
I asked the question, 'Why Do The Good Die Young?'
Maggie reply was simple, she said that God wanted them with him.

So now she has joined him too to continue her work on the other side.

Love to All

Janet

· Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Janet what a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing with us Maggie's reply to your question. Reading what you wrote made me feel as though I could just reach out and touch her.

I am so happy to tell you that Maggie's detication took a turn for the better. This thread is now her detication. Posts like you just wrote and the many heartfelt detications from those of us who loved her are far more appropriate for Maggie's epitaph.

Cynthia...Thank you so much for the idea.

· Registered
21,479 Posts
Hi everyone,

Maggie would have loved this - thank you so much!!! I saw Lewis on Saturday and he has been reading through this thread. It's very hard, but I think he will find great comfort here. And who knows, maybe he'll one day become a part of this awesome forum!!! Thank you so much for keeping Maggie in your thoughts.
We would love to have Lewis join us .. I'm sure he knows he is more than welcome here!

Terry

· Registered
821 Posts
Maggie is a loving soul whose kind words, quirky posts and wisdom will be missed.

· Registered
25 Posts
I was on Pigeon Talk for awhile and lost connections and got them back now. I don't think I know Maggie but she must have been a wonderful friend too all of you and so I pray for her family and her family here on pigeon talk. I bet she is helping pigeons in heaven now!

· Registered
698 Posts
Oh no, I just found out now. You know, we haven't been on PT for awhile, but whenever we do show up, Maggie was always there...I wondered about her absence on our current thread. How truly sad...we really loved Maggie. She was always so kind and sweet and generous in her posts to both Aias and me. She seemed to be such a gentle soul. We will miss her a lot.

· Registered
907 Posts
Omg! I just found out Maggie passed away. As I read this the tears came down, this is so very sad to lose such a sweet person like Maggie. I know we have family, but everyone here on PT is our family too. I know she will be a great loss to the board and never forgotten, she will live forever in our hearts. Lady Tarheel she was and is now our guardian Angel and will watch over our babies and us.

· Registered
257 Posts
I just noticed this thread today and came to know that Maggie is no longer with us. I am so shocked right now!!! She was a very caring person and genuinely loved and cared for pigeons. She was always there for me and kaju during our tough times and always cared about Kaju so much. I will miss her very much, specially when I give more updates on Kaju, knowing that she would have loved to know how kaju is doing.

May her soul rest in peace! She will be greatly missed by all of us.

KAjupakhi

· Registered
456 Posts
I am so sorry I did not see this thread sooner about Maggie. Even tho I had never met Maggie, I feel like I've known her because of all the wonderful descriptions of her. What a magnificent lady! A true GUARDIAN ANGEL to our little furred and feather friends. My heart goes out to all her family and friends. Thank you all for sharing "Maggie' with me.

"ring a bell"

ANOTHER ANGEL GETS HER WINGS

81 - 100 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.