Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For months I've been finding small splotches of blood, dead mice, and scratches on my insulation in my pigeon coop. At first I though the mice were fighting over food, but mice cant make those massive scratches. Then i thought maybe a cat, but theres no place for a cat to get in through. Then I thought weasel, since it could easily fit through the grating in the fence of the outdoor area, but a weasel would kill or at least injure my birds.
Yesterday I walked into my pigeon coop to find a tiny owl, smaller than my pigeons, perching right next to one of my birds. we stared at each other while I frantically tried to get my phone out. He got a little spooked and as soon as I pressed record he started flying. I couldn't believe how cute and small he was. He was also silent when flying. So cool!!
So it turns out a tiny owl, small enough to fit through the grates in my fence, had been getting into my pigeon coop for months and helping me with my mouse problem. :) I will post the few (bad) pictures I was able to get when I get my phone back.
I'm honestly so happy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bird Sky Vertebrate Fence Mesh
Here are my pigeons on the same stick as the owl in the second photo. Really puts into perspective how small he is

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep! I’m honestly not mad at all that he’s here. I’ve thought about putting a bin in my coop to trap the mice so he has an easier time grabbing them. ☺❤ I love him so much, honestly the pictures I took don’t do him any justice.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Thanks for sharing, you have a very cute guest 😍!!!

Owls are so charming and beautiful! In addition, they are also helpful 😁. And to think that old superstitions say that they bring bad luck or are omens of death... Sometimes humans are very stupid... 😱😖

1 - 9 of 9 Posts