Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you interested in owning a piece of history, even if there's some restoration needed?

I have an original breeder loft that once belonged to the 1306 Pigeon Signal Corp in Ft. Monmouth, NJ.

Free to the one who comes to White House, TN and pick it up.

This loft went from the 1306th to Charles Heitzman and then went to a member of the former Tennessee Pigeon and Dove Club, Jerry. Jerry had it at his place for a decade or more, laying around the property in various places, but never assembled. He gave it to me last summer and it has proven too much for one man to restore. I don't have the time or money.

To put it bluntly, it needs some work. I've attempted to disassemble a wall piece and the plywood peeled off in layers more than come off. There is some old wood damage as well to the frames. The parts in the best condition are the floor panels of solid oak. One of them has the unit stamp for the 1306th.

I have six wall panels measuring 48X77, the two end pieces, three 4 foot roof pieces that need plywood, three floor sections, a bucket of clamps and other items along with it. It looks like the total sixe is 6x12x6.5.

Here are a couple images to show it's condition and authenticity.

Please let me know if this is of interest to you by emailing me at the address on my profile.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a couple of takers for this but they both fell through.

One night, I lay awake thinking of new strategies for removing the plywood and they strategies worked well, allowing me to remove the plywood from the two worst panels this weekend. Now, I have two frames that need new ply wood, two panels that likely need a good scrape of old paint and repaint, and two that weathered time far better and only look faded. The two end panels are the worst of it all. I got one disassembled and found much of the frame rotted,:eek: so I may have no choice to rebuild the ends.

With some renewed vigor and headway, I'm looking forward to completing it. I believe it will be a nice showpiece of pigeon history when it's complete.:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts