Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i been hearing that you should breed a bird to a different eye color?

example: a pearl eye to a yellow eye , pearl eye to a green eye
and not a pearl eye to a pearl eye

have ya ever herd this? make's a different?

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
i been hearing that you should breed a bird to a different eye color?

example: a pearl eye to a yellow eye , pearl eye to a green eye
and not a pearl eye to a pearl eye

have ya ever herd this? make's a different?
You would have to ask the "Eye" experts. I was never convinced it made a difference, but at any rate perhaps the least important consideration IMHO. If you are pairing two Champions, I wouldn't care.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
It would depend on what you are breeding. If it is homers, then I can't see that it would make much of a difference. If you are breeding something with a perle eye as part of the standard, then you would want to breed perle to perle.
Same would go for any bird in which the eye color is part of the standard.

Margaret

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
My theory is simple, if you breed for the eye you will get the eye traits you want. Don't expect that to carry over to racing ability. I think breeding using racing results is much more productive than any other theory out there. If I had to choose a bird with a top eye sign or a bird with a win under its belt, I would pick the winner every time.

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
I agree with the consensus that you should pair based on ability, Good strong birds on hard races to fast birds, sprint to sprint, Long to mid, However you want to do it, but do it based on how they fly not how they look.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I will pair like pairings based on nothing but siblings records from time to time. There are a few select birds that I will breed because numerous same sex siblings have bred quality birds. Last year ACE's 54 blood bred well with my blood. This year I am going to breed that bloodline into mine. There are a few times I will select breeders without racing them, but their better be a good reason like multiple siblings winning etc. Eye has never been a factor for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.