Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my pigeons, who I am confident is a male due to his behavior , wants to mate with one of my pigeons who is recovering from PMV, which of my entire mini flock was infected with. There is another pigeon that I think is also a male, but they act like they are roommates, and nothing else. When my pigeon, Flash, saw my recovering pigeon, he started chasing her and doing the mating dance. The issue is that he pecks her, and she does not appear to want to mate. Anyways, Flash is calling for a mate and she is the only female that is not taken, due to my new Berret and Silverwings pair :). I have no idea what to do, because Flash seems to be too aggressive. He has nobody to pair with please help

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Can you not get him another hen? If she was resistant to him, I wouldn't let him chase and peck her. I would get him another female.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Did not mean to put the sign
You can just hit the edit button on the bottom of the post and then delete what you don't want.

Doesn't matter what color you get. Get what you like. Although when you fly them a hawk is more likely to pick out one that stands out. If they are all different then it doesn't matter, but if they are all alike, and one is different then she will stand out among the others. You are sure that the female is a female?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know this is a super old thread, but I want to explain of what ended up happening. So, Flash kept cooing for forever, and his territory is now the inside, which is ok for now because it is not so cold anymore. I could not get another pigeon because the person I get them from was "of of stock" I guess of non-banded birds.The pigeon that I thought was a guy (Speckles) is actually a girl, and they have a nest n the inside. Berret and Silverwings also have a nest. I am going to find Beta a mate once she seems like she wants one.

Anyways, I just wanted to let yall know what ended up happening;)
Bye for now

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Thanks for the update.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts