Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I'm going to pair up my first pair of Egyptian Swifts today, and was looking for some advice as to how you guys do it. I have a decent size breeding box, and I think I get the general idea. Put them in sperate sides of the box for awhile. Lift the divider, and they pair. Let me know what I'm doing wrong and what I can do better. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
745 Posts
It can be easy or hard, it really depends on the mates, have you tried putting them in together at once? They may fight in the first time especially if one of them is already mated, If they are single, it'd be very easy as you put it, put them together in a breeding box or separate them let them socialize and recognize each other, and Voilà you can set them free in a few hours and bring them back again!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Hey guys, so I'm going to pair up my first pair of Egyptian Swifts today, and was looking for some advice as to how you guys do it. I have a decent size breeding box, and I think I get the general idea. Put them in sperate sides of the box for awhile. Lift the divider, and they pair. Let me know what I'm doing wrong and what I can do better. Thanks guys!
If you're sure of both bird's gender that one is cock and the other one is a hen then yes,its the best way to do it. Sooner or later they will pair up. If they are alone for a while, that makes it easy for them to pair up. Putting them in a breeding box with a temporary see through partition,will allow them to see and recognise each other from a safe distance so that they don't hurt each other. When the coock starts to coo and dance and hen seems interested and they try to touch eachother's beak with love to bill then its time to lift the barrier up and let them do what we wanted them to do. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts