Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi out there, I found a place to vaccine Bravito I wll be taking him tomorrow for pox and paramyxovirus vaccines.

It is just that I have the suspicion that he has another unknown infection due to the fact that he sneeze and scratch constantly and also he has loose whitish poops once in a while.

Is it still a good idea to vaccine him? is it beter to do first a poop and urine test to see if he has other infection?, or even in the case he really has an infection could he have the vaccines without any problem.

The tests to know if he has other infections will be done at the end of this month and to get the results at least two weeks more.

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
I'd say get a clean bill of health first.

If he does not mix with any 'strange' pigeons, then there's no route for a PMV or Pox infection to reach him, so I would consider that the 2nd priority.

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
I agree....get a clean bill of health first.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies, I will wait then till I come to know if there is something wrong with him and then vaccinate him.

I made this pictures of his loose poop this morning, the extrange thing is that 1 or 2 ours later always he makes quite normal firm poops, I will be posting some other pictures of his normal poops today maybe someone can give me an idea of what could this be.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I said before his poops change very fast he just made now about 1 our later of the first loose poops this in my eyes quite normal poop.

He eats the normal pigeon mix, that is available to him the whole day and night long together with fresh water, he gets 2 or 3 times a week some treats like diferent kind of nuts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.