Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and apologies for a newbie barging into your forum - but I hope this is something that will appeal.

I'm involved in organising a WW1 commemorative event in Stoke on 9 August, as part of it we want to have a liberation of a flock of pigeon from a replica WW1 that doubles as a pigeon loft and is aimed to reflect the use of birds during the Great War. - (There was an article published about our event and call for participants in British Homing World recently and if anyone is interested I can put the full copy of that in this thread.)

To do this we need to source bird owners willing to participate from somewhere north of Stoke - perhaps Greater Manchester, or further north if you or your birds fancy the challenge. We'd be looking for a good sized flock so a club or small group of owners who are quite close to each other would be ideal so that the logistics of organising pick up are kept simple. We will pay for and organise transport as well as have experienced handlers to look after and release the birds on the day.

I hope some of you would enjoy participating - you can contact me via this thread or theres also an email address in my profile as well as a link to another aspect of the project which is the gathering of messages WW1 that pigeons could carry - something of interest to the writers and poets amongst you!

Yours

Gordon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should have added - if you think theres a more appropriate forum for a request like this let me know, its difficult to gauge from the pigeon forums I've found what country their readership is mostly based in, so if theres a forum or board more commonly frequented by UK pigeon owners or clubs it would be a great help to be pointed to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts