Pigeon-Talk banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Well, Judie, almost looks like Lucky considers YOU his mate!!

I am well aware of birds who choose human mates as that's what my Squeakers has done. I have 3 other pigeons but he considers them intruders and attacks whenever he's around them!

Then again, I had Squeaks for a long time before I ended up with 3 more!

I am SO glad you decided to keep Lucky! He sure sounds like quite the character and I will love to see posts about his continuing adventures.

I hear you about that claw! My Gimie, lost her back claw and scared the daylights out of me, but she's fine now.

Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi :)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I'm delighted to hear it. There's nothing quite like a house chukar. I'm so glad he fits in so well. :D:D:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Terry, I really do need to take some pics. Maybe next weekend. I'll post them here when I do.

Oh, my, Shi, I didn't consider that Lucky might consider me to be his mate. Funny, I have had birds since 1990, and that simply didn't occur to me. You're probably right.

Maryjane, you're right, "There's nothing quite like a house chukar." :)

You're welcome, Terri B. I'm glad I have a place to share about Lucky. Oddly enough, people at work don't seem to want to hear about him!

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
that is so cool! he is probably the luckest and most "spoiled" partridge anywhere....when you name your pets off to others they will take a double take when you say " oh and I have a partridge"..:p:D

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Terry, I really do need to take some pics. Maybe next weekend. I'll post them here when I do.

Oh, my, Shi, I didn't consider that Lucky might consider me to be his mate. Funny, I have had birds since 1990, and that simply didn't occur to me. You're probably right.

Maryjane, you're right, "There's nothing quite like a house chukar." :)

You're welcome, Terri B. I'm glad I have a place to share about Lucky. Oddly enough, people at work don't seem to want to hear about him!
Gee Judie! Does that sound familar!! I know when I should shut up talking "pigeons" because I notice a glazed eye look! :rolleyes:

Don't know about Partridges, Judie, but there is NO doubt that Mr. Squeaks considers me his mate!

Looking forward to updates and pictures!

Love, Hugs and Scritches
Shi :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Yet another Lucky the partridge update...

According to DH, this morning, one of our cockatiels was singing. In the middle of his song, he impersonated Lucky.

I expected that some day our starling would imitate Lucky, but not the tiels. So far, this is the first thing that they have ever impersonated. On the other hand, the starling impersonates every bird we've ever kept.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
that is so cool! he is probably the luckest and most "spoiled" partridge anywhere....when you name your pets off to others they will take a double take when you say " oh and I have a partridge"..:p:D
spirit wings, he really is a lucky fellow. I can't get over how lucky is having been found by DH instead of someone who would have eaten him, having been found by someone who has birds, being from the same part of the world as DH...

And there is the "cool factor." I'm the only kid on the block with a chukar.:D

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
This is the loveliest story ever

I watched a love affair develope here, and it was told to me by one with the cutest personality.

Judi, I so enjoyed reading how you found a new home for Lucky.

I hope that you all live a long, happy life.

I am a little envious of the cuddle time that you spend with that chubby bird.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts