Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a white dove with a red band on it's left leg. She has been injured and I am afraid periously so. Under the dove's neck (maybe the craw) it seems to have had the skin torn away and the neck is visible as are seeds) The right wing has blood at the top (bend) and it is drooping slightly (does move normally though). I have washed out the injured neck area and wing. She has food and water and is out side on my porch in a large cage I have. I am sick about the injury and am afraid I can not save her. Please let me know what you may feel I should do.
[email protected]
Thank you

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I found a white dove with a red band on it's left leg. She has been injured and I am afraid periously so. Under the dove's neck (maybe the craw) it seems to have had the skin torn away and the neck is visible as are seeds) The right wing has blood at the top (bend) and it is drooping slightly (does move normally though). I have washed out the injured neck area and wing. She has food and water and is out side on my porch in a large cage I have. I am sick about the injury and am afraid I can not save her. Please let me know what you may feel I should do.
[email protected]
Thank you
It sounds like the pigeon was attacked by a hawk. They normally tear open the crop (craw). Can you tell us where you are? This probably needs a vets attention.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
As Renee mentioned, it most likely needs a vet.
Can you post a pic of the injury so we can see how large the wound is?

Reti

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.