Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Does anyone use pedialyte for their electrolytes? If so, how much per gallon of water? I read that dr. Lamberton uses this and it's fairly cheap and readily available.
Thanks
I believe Dr lamberton uses it after a race And perhaps a long toss. And i believe just straight no mixing. I never used it BUT sounds like a good idea as it would rehydrate the bird well enough.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I have also thought about using this stuff for the birds. We've given it to our dog before, without diluting it. This would be much easier than having to go to the feed store or ordering online.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I use Merricks BLUE RIBBON Polutry electrolyte pack with Direct-Fed Microbials, after every race , for 2 days, or when birds are off form , or sick. A 4ozs pack makes 37 1/2 gals. all for about $4.00, USDs. My birds bounce right back on the stuff. The Lactobacillus acidophilus refills the gut with friendly bacteria after the birds have gone over 18 hours without food when racing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Follow directions on the packet, either you will need to mix powder to a certain amount of water or it is pre mixed. You can also try doing a search for a World Health Organization approved oral rehydration solution recipe, made from common kitchen ingredients, used for people and I have used it for my own pet dogs.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I use Merricks BLUE RIBBON Polutry electrolyte pack with Direct-Fed Microbials, after every race , for 2 days, or when birds are off form , or sick. A 4ozs pack makes 37 1/2 gals. all for about $4.00, USDs. My birds bounce right back on the stuff. The Lactobacillus acidophilus refills the gut with friendly bacteria after the birds have gone over 18 hours without food when racing.
I found this at the feed store and bought it a few weeks ago. I've sprinkled some on the feed a couple of times per week. I was more interested in inexpensive way to get probiotics. I haven't used it enough, nor do I have experience enough to say that it's good. I'm glad someone else uses it though. :)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I mix the Blue Ribbon in the water . I also use " Healthy Pigeon" product on the feed, spray some oil on the feed and sprinkle the stuff on the feed , the oil makes the stuff stick. The oil I use is eather garlic oil or safflower oil I get the the local store.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts