Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what is a Pedigreed pigeon? I bought one the other day and the owner told me that it was a pedigreed homer. Sounds fancy, and he looked like a really nicely built bird.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I was just wondering what is a Pedigreed pigeon? I bought one the other day and the owner told me that it was a pedigreed homer. Sounds fancy, and he looked like a really nicely built bird.
I have a couple pedigree birds with papers. Like 5150 said did Urs get papers?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No but I could always go ask the guy for the pedigree because he told me that if i'd ever wanted it I could always go get it. :]

·
Registered
241 Posts
Its pretty much like the papers a person gets with a registered AKC dog but pedigree's are the bird version.

·
Registered
942 Posts
No but I could always go ask the guy for the pedigree because he told me that if i'd ever wanted it I could always go get it. :]
I'm sorry no bird, dog, cat, or race horse with out the owner having it papers is not a true pedigreed anything then it just the word of the seller and of no value to the buyer. Non-papered dog and cats is a big scam in So. Cal. so if you have no copy of the pedigree you may not have a pedigreed bird.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No the owner told me that if I really needed the pedigree I could always contact him, because he lives pretty close to my house and practically gave the bird to me for free. This was not a scam, because I know the bird looks really well built and looks like a pedigreed bird. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE:]!

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Any pedigree is a breeding record. Then it shows the different birds parents grand parents great grand parents and so forth. 3 to 5 generations . Thus showing relationship to Lets say the better breeding stock as winners and such. Letting you have an idea towards breeding quality as such. While pedigrees are good they do not mean any bird is less better because it does not have one. Just as dogs, horses, and such. But it does offer breeding history. Which people put a lot of value on.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
It is just a paper with pedigree listed on it. I don't believe it to be certified. People can even just write on paper using handwriting. Use it for breeding records. So a pedigreed pigeon is a bird that comes with a paper listing its pedigree.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts