Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm enjoying reading your stories about your pet pigeons and thought I'd share ours.
One day while my partner was working he found a squeaker that had fallen out of a tree. He brought it home and with a bit of trial and error we finally figured out how to feed it. It grew quickly and was soon flying around the house, perching on the top of doors and following us to every room we went to, even the shower sometimes. He turned out to be a gorgeous boy, and we named him Pepe for all his "peeping." We would let him fly free outside while we were at work and he would greet us every afternoon by flying down to land on the car roof as we drove in the driveway. He just wanted to go with us everywhere. I found him a girlfriend and soon enough they started a family. I let them raise 3 chicks, and those chicks have now also raised their own chicks. Pepe was the founder of a dynasty and ignited a passion for pigeons.
Sadly one day soon after his mate died, he did not come home. We hope he is still out there somewhere, still adding to his dynasty, but knowing also that is probably not the case. He was with us for nearly 6 years, and he will always be remembered as the one that started it all. We miss him very much.
We now have 2 new squeakers we are hand rearing in the same way, in the hope they will be just as friendly and devoted to us as Pepe was.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Gorgeous pigeon! It only takes 1 baby to change your attitude towards pigeons. Unfortunately they don't live for long out there. At least he had (maybe still has) the best of both worlds, free flying and raising babies as well as being looked after by you. Maybe he found another mate and moved on. Maybe he will surprise you one day and return with his babies. I really hope he does!

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's a beautiful pigeon--I also hope he is out there with a new mate and I'm sending him good thoughts. It must've been really awesome to watch his coloring change and settle into that beautiful pattern.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What a beautiful boy they are such wonderful creatures aren't they I really hope he's out there somewhere safe and happy and maybe one day will come home to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts