Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, another newby question and I am sure the answer is somewhere I haven't found.

I am building perches using 2 x 4s. How long should they be?

Thanks
Ron
Albuquerque, NM

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Ok, another newby question and I am sure the answer is somewhere I haven't found.

I am building perches using 2 x 4s. How long should they be?

Thanks
Ron
Albuquerque, NM
Ron are you already building a loft? Did you get in touch with any of the Albuquerque club members. I may be able to find you a few young birds. Let me know when you are wanting birds.

Randy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ron are you already building a loft? Did you get in touch with any of the Albuquerque club members. I may be able to find you a few young birds. Let me know when you are wanting birds.

Randy
Hey Randy

Only doing little things right now...I don't plan on having anything built till late Oct or early Nov.

I did talk to Anthony the other day and may make the meeting on the 11th. I saw his loft from the street and may try to visit it sometime next week. he was, like you, very helpful. I am not sure I can make the club meeting as there are some high school football activities that weekend and I run a website that covers NM high school sports.
I will definetly let you know when I am ready for birds.

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
If it is a T-perch, I use 6 inches. Depending on the bird, the distance between the perch could be either 10 or 12 inches.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Hey Randy

Only doing little things right now...I don't plan on having anything built till late Oct or early Nov.

I did talk to Anthony the other day and may make the meeting on the 11th. I saw his loft from the street and may try to visit it sometime next week. he was, like you, very helpful. I am not sure I can make the club meeting as there are some high school football activities that weekend and I run a website that covers NM high school sports.
I will definetly let you know when I am ready for birds.

Thanks
Ron
I will probably make the meeting on the 11th. Was thinking of going down for the day to check on my race team and meet some of the newbees.

Randy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts