Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search this topic but not much came up, I also looked on ebay and found a few interesting products but I want to do a little research first. I'm sure this topic has been covered, but I had a hard time finding it. :eek:

Is it too late to band my 5 \6 year old adult pigeon? He is a feral that I rescued at 2 weeks old, and I have never banded him, or any of my past pigeons. It would be nice to band him and any future rescues in case our paths cross or if they need alittle bit of a help in the future.

I understand pigeons should be banded when they are babies, but I'm not quite sure how to brand an adult. Would you use a clip on brand?.. and super glue it shut? :confused:

Again, my apologies if this topic has been covered multiple times.

·
Banned
267 Posts
I tried to search this topic but not much came up, I also looked on ebay and found a few interesting products but I want to do a little research first. I'm sure this topic has been covered, but I had a hard time finding it. :eek:

Is it too late to band my 5 \6 year old adult pigeon? He is a feral that I rescued at 2 weeks old, and I have never banded him, or any of my past pigeons. It would be nice to band him and any future rescues in case our paths cross or if they need alittle bit of a help in the future.

I understand pigeons should be banded when they are babies, but I'm not quite sure how to brand an adult. Would you use a clip on brand?.. and super glue it shut? :confused:

Again, my apologies if this topic has been covered multiple times.
Just use Numbered or Personalized clip on bands, and don't glue them, If anyone is determined & wants to take off a band they will find a way!!!

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
they do have these at foy's pigeon supply, under misc bands..you have to scroll down pretty far to find them.. example of what they have........

Snap-On Bands with Your Phone Number
If you lose birds and never see them again, maybe someone found them but does not know how to contact you. Place this personalized band on the opposite leg of the one with the seamless band. Customized with a phone logo and your phone number. Available in two heights and five colors. The higher, 8 mm bands have larger print. When ordering, please specify the color and item number as well as your phone number with area code. Colors available are: White, Blue, Red, Yellow and Green. Allow 8 to 10 weeks for delivery. 5 mm high or 8 mm high all with inside diameter of 3/8”. Not for larger breeds. Minimum order of 100 and may be split into two colors.
#949 Snap-On’s w/ phone # 5 mm high 100 for $34.95
#950 Snap-On’s w/ phone # 8 mm high 100 for $34.95

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I always wished I could find a split metal band with the ability to put my email address on it in case birds ever got loose. Haven't found anything with enough characters that could be made in groups of less than 100 though. :(

I thought plastic bands eventually crack and come off with time?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts