Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to warn you that the picture and content are graphic and disturbing to any animal lover, like most of you on PT are. I am posting an online petiton in hopes of stopping the next victim from the horrific torture that the last dog went through. Please take just two minutes of your time to sign it and prevent this from ever happening again. I know many folks out there don't want to see or even hear of this unimaginable act. But without all of you, animals don't stand a fighting chance. Along with passing this petition through, I am trying to contact Bill O'Reilly of FOX News to help push this to the public's attention. My heart aches for each wounded, abused and neglected animal out there, but I cannot battle this alone. So please join me and make us an ARMY. Anyone who has other ideas or advice would be much appreciated.

I always keep in the back of my mind PT member Egyp Swift Lady's slogan. For those of you who have never got to read it, here is your chance.

"Saving an animal won't change the world, but it will change the world for that one animal."

Thank you for all your support,
Landy Jolley Washington State

In 2007,the 'artist' Guillermo Vargas Habacuc, took a dog from the street, tied him to a rope in an art gallery, and starved him to death.

For several days, the 'artist' and the visitors of the exhibition have watched emotionless the shameful 'masterpiece' based on the dog's agony, until eventually he died.

But this is not all... the prestigious Visual Arts Biennial of the Central American decided that the 'installation' was actually art, so that Guillermo Vargas Habacuc has been invited to repeat his cruel action for the biennial of 2008.

PLEASE HELP STOP HIM.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ea6gk/petition.html

It's free of charge, there is no need to register, and it will only take 1 minute to save the life of an innocent creature.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I signed that last week; noticed it on another site. What a terrible crime. If you could put a link to the pictures instead of posting the picture directly on the site, that would be great, just in case some viewers don't want to see them as they're so sad. A good site for links is Picasa.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I've signed it too.
Landy, I think Fox news is a great idea and I will send it to NPR.
As painful as it is, an understatement for sure, I hope everyone that reads this thread will at the least sign the petition pass the link on to every one they know.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Thank you for posting this, I was told about it last night. I signed the petition.

That is not and never will be art!:mad: This man will pay for his cruelity, all I have to say is ... do unto others as they would do unto you, and that my friends includes animals. It just weighs my heart down when I see what a fellow human can do to another living soul.

Sorry for the rant, but I look in the eyes of that poor dog and see the question of why?????

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I've also signed this yesterday, there seems to be widespread objection to it, I just wonder if there is anything that can be done to STOP a repeat performance?

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
What a sick bastard and every single person that walked in that room and saw that poor dog and did nothing. May they all burn in hell forever.
Where did this take place? I can't believe that NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON tried to help this poor dog??????????? Are you $$$$ing kidding me???????????
I signed the petition. I'd rather tie that man (and I call him that loosely) in my back yard and watch HIM starve.........

·
Registered
255 Posts
What a sick bastard and every single person that walked in that room and saw that poor dog and did nothing. May they all burn in hell forever.
Where did this take place? I can't believe that NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON tried to help this poor dog??????????? Are you $$$$ing kidding me???????????
I signed the petition. I'd rather tie that man (and I call him that loosely) in my back yard and watch HIM starve.........
Could'nt agree more, hope this petition helps stop things like this happening,

·
Registered
505 Posts
I also signed the petition. Does anybody know where this took place? That is NOT ART:mad: Oh, Renee, you are so kind to call him a 'man'...I have 'other' names I could call him! I know, you said it 'loosely' , but still, he sure isn't 'human'.... I must agree with EgypSwiftLady: HE should be tied until he starves to death. Before anyone jumps on me for this post, take a GOOD look at that dogs' eyes, and tell me you don't feel the same. I still want to know where this happened. :mad:

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Honduras or Costa Rica...I think.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was Honduras. Thank you to everyone who has signed. Keep them coming. Your right about the dogs eyes, I can feel the confusion and the deep wanting for food as he looks at those horrible people. And yes those people will die someday and have to face their crimes and then pay. I have not heard back from CNN News yet I'll give them a few more days and then try agian and agian. Landy

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
I signed this petition a while ago. I had received it in an email and the pictures haunt me till today. I wish nobody ever will buy any "art" from this person and he will starve like the poor dog. What a shame and they call this art?:confused:

reti

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found some info on this horrible person if anyone wanted to read more.
It will be taking place at
Centro Nacional de la Cultura
Antigua Fábrica Nacional de Licores.
Avenida 3, calle 15/17. San José, Costa Rica.
Teléfono: (506) 257 7202 / 257 9370
Fax: (506) 257 8702

Email address to the gallery: [email protected]

HERE IS HIS MYSPACE PAGE (Guillermo Habacuc Vargas): http://www.myspace.com/casitadetentaciones

A statement from him:"Hello everyone. My name is Guillermo Habacuc Vargas. I am 50 years old and an artist. Recently, I have been critisized for my work titled "Eres lo que lees", which features a dog named Nativity. The purpose of the work was not to cause any type of infliction on the poor, innocent creature, but rather to illustrate a point. In my home city of San Jose, Costa Rica, tens of thousands of stray dogs starve and die of illness each year in the streets and no one pays them a second thought.

Now, if you publicly display one of these starving creatures, such as the case with Nativity, it creates a backlash that brings out a big of hypocrisy in all of us. Nativity was a very sick creature and would have died in the streets anyway.

"So there is just this to say: We see, that not only the gallery was lying from the beginning, but also, what we have to think about all statements of this "artist".

We see how he is changing his statement, depending on how the public reactions are - first statement was "the dog would have died anyway" - second statement was "I cannot say if the dog died or not" - third statement was "I wanted to do it to remember Mr.Natividad Canda" [the burglar killed by guard dogs] - fourth statement was "I did the exhibition to show the terrible situation of street dogs".... etc...
The next statement will be obviously "Santa Claus and Ronald McDonald jumped into the exhibition and took the dog" or something like that?!

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Great find, Landy. I appreciate the contact information.

Hey ya'll...lets blast the "ARTIST" and Gallery with words!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Renee Said It Much Nicer Then I could rigth Now so I'll Keep My Mouth Closed. My Heart And Preys Go Out To That Poor Dog that he Is Now Safe in Heaven. I Prey this Doesn't Happen To Another Animal. What Kills Me Is This Man Had Lots Of Uncareing people Look At This Poor dog They Are ALL Going To Hell. And I Wish That Everyone Of Them Could Be Tied in my Back Yard With No food or water. The Sick Loser That Did This And All The Viewers Are Sick People That Need Some Help.
Those Pictures And That Dogs Eyes Made Me Cry. How Could Anyone Do That To such A Cute Dog. That Dogs Eyes Asked For Love Not Just Food And Water. They Really Said Help Me I Want To Live.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Also Who Did you message at CNN.

I think If we can get a List Of News Places And everyone send in Messages the Same Day for about a week It would need to be to the same Addresses They would have to notice.

Count Me in On Sending My Letters.

·
Registered
505 Posts
how Can People Be That Sick-i Hope They All Rot In Hell -SOON
Because they are NOT in the U.S........ This happened in "Honduras"....... Evidently, Honduras doesn't see it the way we do; Listen to [email protected], and write letters, and complain, that is just about all WE can do. We cannot Police them........:mad:

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Because they are NOT in the U.S........ This happened in "Honduras"....... Evidently, Honduras doesn't see it the way we do; Listen to [email protected], and write letters, and complain, that is just about all WE can do. We cannot Police them........:mad:
I don't think this kind of stuff happens just in other countries. In 1996 a new department store opened in down town Portland. I don't remember the name but I think it's Sax's. I happened to be down town and was walking past the store to go to an appointment. The store wasn't open yet but there in the display window were manikins dressed in gorgeous clothes and scattered around them, a dozen or so dead house sparrows. It was an artistic display and a horrific sight to me. I doubt dead sparrows were come by naturally.
It took two days of complaining before finally the dead sparrow were removed.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I don't think this kind of stuff happens just in other countries. In 1996 a new department store opened in down town Portland. I don't remember the name but I think it's Sax's. I happened to be down town and was walking past the store to go to an appointment. The store wasn't open yet but there in the display window were manikins dressed in gorgeous clothes and scattered around them, a dozen or so dead house sparrows. It was an artistic display and a horrific sight to me. I doubt dead sparrows were come by naturally.
It took two days of complaining before finally the dead sparrow were removed.
I do understand that, my point was that we may not like what other countries do, but we cannot police all of them. Voice your opinions to the address [email protected] has provided. Sure, a LOT of things happen here, but we have laws that we can use to stop such behavior here. We can only voice our opinions and dislikes as to what is happening in Honduras. I DIDN'T say it was right or OK. I oppose it also. It is pure animal abuse, for sure. But I also doubt if we can actually "do" anything about it. :mad: One other thing, "cussing" on the board doesn't get anyone anywhere.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I called up Greenpeace, to see if they could do anything about it. They can't, but they said that the humane society is the place to contact.
The Humane Society International, on it's web site, has an artical about this so called artist.
Humane Society International
( on the right side of the page ) Starving dog as art incident (Must Read)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts