Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PHA would like to announce that it had already patented the oblong pigeon foot ring and now has exclusive rights throughout the Philippines to manufacture, distribute, sell, use or import the industrial design of the oblong pigeon foot ring.

PHA would like request all clubs to refrain from using oblong bands starting 2012, or else PHA will have to exercise its right.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
What is the advantage of an oblong ring? I don't see any advantage of it except perhaps to hold the right assuming that someone has patented the circular pigeon ring.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
PHA would like to announce that it had already patented the oblong pigeon foot ring and now has exclusive rights throughout the Philippines to manufacture, distribute, sell, use or import the industrial design of the oblong pigeon foot ring.

PHA would like request all clubs to refrain from using oblong bands starting 2012, or else PHA will have to exercise its right.
Maybe in the Phillipines, but not here.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
The oblong bands allow you to double band a bird and still be able to attach a chip for racing. The chip for racing would attached to the oblong band like ones pictured above. When you double band you cant put a racing chip on because both legs have bands on them and there's no room for a chip band. One band for the AU/IF band and the other is normally an ID band with the information like the name and phone # of the breeder. This will only affect those who like to double band their birds unless I'm missing something else that would be an advantage.

In any case, I'm sure everyone would be made aware of this through their club if this is legit and that PHA owns complete rights to this style of band.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
oblong bands is the same as icom ring, wow i cant believe PHA was able to patented this kind of band, belguim was the first use this band.
I thought the same thing. :)

We'll have to move back to the PI if we want race with these bands! :D

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
How do we know the guy who started this thread was not pulling an April fool joke on ALL of you who seem to be worried about this dumb thread....Where is the photo of the ICOM oval band Patent ??? Who the heck is Advancedloft ?? Who cares about the PHA,even if there is one ???.....This is the USA !! Nobody tells us what we can do with our birds,especially someone from another country.....Tell him to come to America,and find all of us,and our birds....Lotsa Luck Phillipino Philipe !!!.......Alamo

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.