Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really have to clean that coop.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats only the 6 by 12 addition I added 5 years ago. The total young bird coop is like a wide v shape it would be 6 by 30 if I striaten it out. The perches are made out the cedar planks they sell for decking. I made them like 5 years ago and they still look pretty good.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got an 8 foot bay window on the front of the coop it is a pretty nice section. But the holes are 9 1/2 inches tall and 11 inches wide. They were pretty easy to make with the electric miter saw I set it up to cut 9 1/2 inch peices for the up and downs and screwed them all in to the 12 foot planks and just kept stacking them.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Looks great :) And don't you dare complain about the poop. Your loft looks spotless compared to mine right now!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi.a nice set up and the birds look great.i notice you have a few mealys in your team,what breed are they?.paul
Thanks, they are out of my family of yellows which are mainly janssens. They've raised me winners in the past and this years team looks pretty good so far and they seam to be learning real quick compaired to past seasons. So maybe there's a winner or 2 in the pic.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the dimensions and the tip! We'll see how mine turn out.
Your welcome, if you try to make them keep us posted on how they turn out.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great :) And don't you dare complain about the poop. Your loft looks spotless compared to mine right now!
Yeah I think it's pretty clean well atleast for this time of the year it's too cold to be out there cleaning all the time. I just put that there becasue I know alot of clean freaks that would call that dirty.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good thing I posted the pic because I noticed the top window was slid to the side and only a lil flimsy screen was keeping the birds in and more importantly keeping the raccoons out. I'm thinking it was from the big snow storm last weekend that caused all the bamboo to bend over and it must have caught the window and slid it to the side. If you look at the window in the middle of the pic and look at the top right side the window isn't covering the whole thing.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Your welcome, if you try to make them keep us posted on how they turn out.
I'll post pics when I get going on them.

Good thing I posted the pic because I noticed the top window was slid to the side and only a lil flimsy screen was keeping the birds in and more importantly keeping the raccoons out. I'm thinking it was from the big snow storm last weekend that caused all the bamboo to bend over and it must have caught the window and slid it to the side. If you look at the window in the middle of the pic and look at the top right side the window isn't covering the whole thing.
Good catch!:eek:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Nice pic. Good composition,light, perspective..came out awesome. Loft looks great,lots of birds! Ceder huh? Investing in good wood goes a long way...5 yrz!..would have never guessed. Looks new,fresh. Thanks for sharing the pic, good luck with your birds, peace, YaSin :)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I was out back feeding the birds the other night and I caught somthing in the corner of my eye up in the tree. At first it kinda scared me it looked like a devil with the horns. That's the first time I've ever seen a owl around here.

The pics didn't come out so good but it's the best one I was able to get of him.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My Diplomas from 2009 yb season. I had a bad year last year when it comes to loses. Because of 2 devistating tosses I was down to only 4 birds on my team to fly and I wasn't to confident in those 4 bird since they weren't out of my best. But I still did everythign as if they were my best and somhow I still almost won a race and 3 out of the 4 won me diplomas even though it was all in one race.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

1 - 20 of 54 Posts