Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd post some pictures of the ferals on my balcony. These are the ones that CoyoteJoe is going to help rescue! (so they don't get poisoned)
The first one is a picture of Roberto (grey) and Aramis (red) as babies. The second one is of Roberto and Aramis. The third one is a picture of Paloma from last year before I release her...

Attachments

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
They are really beautiful. I'm glad they are going to be safe.
Great job. Thank you for being so dedicated while others would have said ...what ever will be...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the first summer I've seen such variation in color...thanks, freeflyer for your willingness to help too...

·
Registered
137 Posts
There Was Loads Off Ybs In Differant Coulors In My area I Even Got 2 Young Pure White Ferals And 2 Brown Ones And A Dark brown With Black Bars :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
There Was Loads Off Ybs In Differant Coulors In My area I Even Got 2 Young Pure White Ferals And 2 Brown Ones And A Dark brown With Black Bars :)
Wow, this is mental! Just recently I rescued and then released a pigeon exactly like that who had string wrapped round his feet. I'd never seen one that colour. Today I used a link in another thread to try and find the name of that particular pattern (spent hours reading it, lol!) Have a look, it's fascinating!

http://www.angelfire.com/ga3/pigeongenetics/index.html

PS Still don't know what it's called... :confused:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Beautiful birds!

Irretractable,
Your feral friends are just beautiful! And so lucky to have you and Coyotejoe fighting their corner!
All the best.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's sad that you have to part with them, I know you're going to miss them. Will you discourage others from moving in?
Yes, I'll just have to pay more attention and not let them settle in so much! I think once Paloma's gone, it'll be a little easier...

·
Registered
73 Posts
"Irretractable" brought the four birds up yesterday and we settled them in with the rollers just before a very noisy thunderstorm and heavy rain. I checked on them after the storm and all the birds were down on the floor but didn't seem terribly disturbed and when I put the feeder down they swarmed in, scrambling over one another like a bunch of hogs! This morning they were all up on the boards and fed nicely without the mad scramble. All are looking fine and seem quite at home now.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Are Gabriel and Alabaster Paloma's other batch of children?
Before you moved them did all the children and parents still live together?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
How are the birds doing, Coyotejoe?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts