Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted an introduction earlier so now Im going to try and give posting pictures a shot. Bare with me if it doesnt work first second or third shot....lol. So these first 3 pics are of my friends and I picking up the loft from a flyers house who was looking to retire. We boomed the loft over his wall onto a flat bed and sent it down the hill to be closer to the ocean and in my back yard. As you can it looks a bit weathered but with some sanding and paint I brought it back to almost new condition. This was built extremely well by a School Shop Teacher. More to follow and thanks for looking.
Keoni

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more pics

More pics of the loft. It measures 15x5 with about a 3ft wide aviary. It's split into 3 sections with the right half being setup for widowhood or plywood backed perches can be installed to use for YB's. The Left half is again split into two smaller sections 5x5 each both set with perches. I've replaced all the lighting and hardware and added an outlet so I can plug in my future clock. The second pic of the loft is after a whole lot of sanding, a few minor repairs and fresh paint.
Keoni

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More pics

Here's the left side of the loft showing the 2 small 5x5 sections both have new perches installed and have separate traps but share the same aviary. The last pic shows the right side of the loft along with the light switch and outlet that I've added for a clock. You can see where I kinda took out a section of fence (Wife wasnt too happy about that) and all of the concrete blocks I got for under the loft that I still need to jack up and set. Got the loft in a hurry before it was taken apart so had no time to level off the ground.
Keoni

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
last picture post

Here's the right side of the loft thats setup for widowhood or I have a sheet of plywood with perches mounted that can be attached over the boxes.
Thanks for sticking through that one and taking a look. It's not much but it's a start and Im overly excited in hopes of getting some Young Birds this year to race. Thanks again for looking and any input, feedback or pointers are welcome, and no worries I'm thick skinned. Also not the best pics all done with my Iphone, got a $250 phone but not even a $50 camera sorry.
Take it easy,
Keoni

Attachments

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
That looks like a nice set up for you to get started. Looks easy to clean and lets lots of fresh air in , birds get good sun and small wire keeps the wild birds and other things out.
Welcome to Pigeon talk. just wanted to add I think I like the weather where you are better than what I got here in WI.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That looks like a nice set up for you to get started. Looks easy to clean and lets lots of fresh air in , birds get good sun and small wire keeps the wild birds and other things out.
Welcome to Pigeon talk. just wanted to add I think I like the weather where you are better than what I got here in WI.
Thanks. Lol, and yes sir I've been to Ft. McCoy, WI for some Military training in the early spring, I would have to agree with you. I did enjoy some Walleye fishing and wouldnt mind making it back up there in the fall with my Bow.
Keoni

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Don't have to call me sir I was only an E-4 over 4 waiting for the points to drop to get my stripes when I was in the Army years ago But I like your thinking and glad you are on board to the pigeon talk. Many people on here will help you as much as they can. I'm glad to see another new member.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.