Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put up 41 pictures of rare colored homers I am using in my breeding program, this year, on my website.
So far, I have posted pictures of some of my andalusians, opals, almonds and saddles. I hope to get up pictures of most of my more unique breeders in the next couple of weeks.
If you would like to see some neat colored racing homers, please take a look at my site at:

http://www.freewebs.com/kjcii/2009breedingstockhp.htm

Keith

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Nice looking breeders! I have the same penchant for saddle homer looks. At my place because I don't race I have 3 criterias. Not necessarily in order: First, they must be beautiful. Second, they must have homing instinct. Third, they should be hawk smart/aware.

So basically I want a smart beautiful birds that can actually go home. Obviously if I am going racing, everything will be about performance and smart. If it is beautiful even better.

How did you end up with such beautiful birds? You have the most beautiful homers I have ever seen.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Rod.
I have been keeping homers continously since 1995 and I go to as many shows, swap meets and auctions as I can looking for pigeons.
I raise a large number of birds every year and sell most of them and only keep the ones I like best.
Keith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts