Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon (Memorial Day) a pidgeon appeared standing on my wife's car. At first we did not realize he had a band on his leg. He allowed us to get very close before he jumped off the car and plopped onto the ground - seemingly injured, thought we can't tell the extent of the injury. We were able to get him in a box with shredded paper and that's where he is now. We are in Edgewood, New Mexico.

We took him to "Wild Life West, a local animal place, but they were not able to take him. They gave me the number to "Wildlife Rescue" in Albuquerque and it was my intention to take the bird there tomorrow.

When I saw the band on his leg, I googled the letters and numbers and it brought me to this site. I tried looking up the number on the registry you link to, but no records found. The band says: AU 2012 FOYS 7939.

Is there a way to find who owns this bird?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE: I called FOYS this morning and they gave me the name of the owner. I called the owner and it turns out he's only a couple of miles from my house. He just came and picked up his bird. Apparently a young bird that he was just starting to train. Thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
UPDATE: I called FOYS this morning and they gave me the name of the owner. I called the owner and it turns out he's only a couple of miles from my house. He just came and picked up his bird. Apparently a young bird that he was just starting to train. Thanks for all the help.

I love happy endings! :D

Thank you for the update.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.