Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is this room on my balcony for my washing machine that's just about big enough for a washing machine and not much else. The room is not attached to the rest of the house. I was gone from my house for a month and came home today to find that I had forgotten to lock that door and pigeons got in there and built a nest with two eggs. What should I do?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hello. Have you ever seen a family of pigeons? You may like seeing them grow up. If their cooing does not bother you then let them be for one season and see how your luck goes. Thanks and welcome to Pigeon Talk.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
At this time, you need to allow them to hatch and raise the kids, if there is no danger of the nest being intruded upon by predators, like cats and birds. If you move the nest elsewhere, they will abandon the eggs.

Once the eggs are hatched and babies are raised and self feeding you should close up the area so they cannot nest there. The hen will lay another set of eggs as the babies are growing up. At that time, remove both eggs when both are laid and discard. (there are no embryos before incubation)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.