Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to pigeons. I had a group of 7 pigeons and long story short I advanced their homing flights too quickly and then had only one.
A pair showed back up eventually but wouldn't get back in the coop. This has gone on.for.two months.
Finally today the pair entered the coop! But they're bonded and they kicked out the original bird from the housing area, which is now left hanging out in the aviary.
This is an outdoor coop (modified rabbit hutch) with a single protected housing area with one long perch. I wondered if I divided up the covered area, the pair may let the 3rd bird in? The total covered area is about 24" wide by 18" deep by 18" high with a peaked roof. Flat perch is about 4" above the floor.
What if I put a divider in to make it into two 12" width sections across the perch,, open in the front. Any guesses if that might work?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello, I'm new to pigeons. I had a group of 7 pigeons and long story short I advanced their homing flights too quickly and then had only one.
A pair showed back up eventually but wouldn't get back in the coop. This has gone on.for.two months.
Finally today the pair entered the coop! But they're bonded and they kicked out the original bird from the housing area, which is now left hanging out in the aviary.
This is an outdoor coop (modified rabbit hutch) with a single protected housing area with one long perch. I wondered if I divided up the covered area, the pair may let the 3rd bird in? The total covered area is about 24" wide by 18" deep by 18" high with a peaked roof. Flat perch is about 4" above the floor.
What if I put a divider in to make it into two 12" width sections across the perch,, open in the front. Any guesses if that might work?
Thanks!!
Update: the original pigeon has taken to perching on the water station in the aviary which is not hygienic. I'll try dividing the loft space and made a perch in th lower part of the aviary, which only the female.likes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts