Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from Tamilnadu,India.

I am growing around 40(20 pairs) fancy pigeons like fan tails,King,Australian dow,Nun,satin ,tumbler etc.I cant exactly say how many male or how many female.All are healthy and active.I keep them in a room of size 12 feetX 12 feetX 11 feet high room,wall sides arranged wooden lofts each cabin size 14 inchesX14 inches and 12 inch high.Totally 60 such cabins are there.
Now my problem is, once the eggs are laid within few days someother birds come there fight and eggs are scattered within the cabin and gets damaged.
Next case is after babies hatched in 2 or 3 weeks before they are fully grown
other birds enter fight their parents and break wings and legs of babies.
sometimes male birds try mating with helpless babies
Can someone advise some solutions please?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Sounds like you have too many birds, and they need much more room. Also, you need to house the breeding pairs seperately from the single males and females-they should have their own loft with breeding boxes and nest bowls. They should have access to pigeon seed and water 24/7.

The breeding pairs are usually of the same mind, tending to eggs and babies, whereas the male single birds are socializing, looking for more territory to acquire and generally aggressive. Seperate them.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Sounds like you have too many birds, and they need much more room. Also, you need to house the breeding pairs seperately from the single males and females-they should have their own loft with breeding boxes and nest bowls. They should have access to pigeon seed and water 24/7.

The breeding pairs are usually of the same mind, tending to eggs and babies, whereas the male single birds are socializing, looking for more territory to acquire and generally aggressive. Seperate them.

This is what I would say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts