Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have a question, just bought 2 homers for $10.00, one bird was a young one banded 2009 & I picked up the other one banded: AU 2005 Chicago 9267. I'm curious about the 2005 banded bird, is there anyway I could find out more about his bird. I bought these birds from a guy who said he bought them from a Pigeon racer who is/was getting a divorce, wife got the house & property, so he had to sell his birds off. Both birds that I bought are very nice looking birds, I picked the best 2 outta about 30 Birds, I was the 1st guy to answer his add on Craigslist were he had them listed, so i got 1st pick!! Curious about the Chicago Bird........................................ Have Photo, it's a grey bar Red faze.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Post a picture.
Although a picture of it cannot fully tell you the quality of your new pigeon, I would like to see it :)

Kevin

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The bird is from the Chicago combine you could call/e-mail and see if they will look up the band for you.

GREATER CHICAGO COMBINE
Club Code : CHICAGO
Club Secretary : BILL MITIU
City : BROOKFIELD
State : IL
Phone No. : 708-387-0251 708-387-0251
Email Address : [email protected]

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Pretty bird :) I think you did good getting it! The color is also called ash-red bar (or red bar for short).

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info.! I'll E-mail down there tonight...............

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found/Called the original owner, it was a stolen bird, guy in WI. never payed him for it.............I think he said it's a $200 Bird. The guy said I can keep it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's supose to be a Staf Van Reets Bird, from what I found out about it.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
wow well that is something, very interesting...thank goodness for bands...so is he/she going in the breeding loft?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes. deffinaly going into he breeder loft, will have a cozy long life there..........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts