Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm really new to all of this pigeon racing stuff, and recently bought some pigeon racing bands from ARPU. A buddy of mine keeps telling me they're fake.

The thing is, I ordered them straight from ARPU.

He says since there's no metal in them, and that they're fully plastic, they're not real.

Can someone shed some light on this subject for me?

Did they stop using metal at some point? Are they SUPPOSED to have metal in them or on them? Is there a reason to use aluminum over plastic or vice versa?

Did they send me substandard rings and I should have bought some more expensive ones from them or something?

And another big question: Is ARPU and the IPU the only racing pigeon organizations? Or are there more huge national ones?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, in Belgium, the official racing bands all have metal and a unique code. Each band comes with an official passport. People who race their pigeons get them at their local club.
I do not know how it works in America.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We also have chip rings, blue plastic rings which can be clipped open/closed. When the pigeons come home from race they sign electronic.

·
Registered
312 Posts
So, I'm really new to all of this pigeon racing stuff, and recently bought some pigeon racing bands from ARPU. A buddy of mine keeps telling me they're fake.

The thing is, I ordered them straight from ARPU.

He says since there's no metal in them, and that they're fully plastic, they're not real.

Can someone shed some light on this subject for me?

Did they stop using metal at some point? Are they SUPPOSED to have metal in them or on them? Is there a reason to use aluminum over plastic or vice versa?

Did they send me substandard rings and I should have bought some more expensive ones from them or something?

And another big question: Is ARPU and the IPU the only racing pigeon organizations? Or are there more huge national ones?
Ok you said you ordered them straight from the ARPU did you mean the AU?

The fact that they have no metal doesn't mean they are fake. For the last several years no metal has been used, I don't know why but that's how it is.
Probably a money issue.

Again I don't where you ordered from so I can't say for sure.

You can order ARPU bands from the AU and they will not have metal in them and yes they are genuine.

I only know of a few recognized organizations such as, AU, IF, ARPU. Can there be more, sure. But the fact that the bands are plastic is not a determining factor of a fake, where you purchased would be though. If they came from EBAY and from there they were out of China...well that's a no brainer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts