Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok to use any band in the pigeons? if i want to race later on with my pigeons will a personalized band affect in any way? i have a friend thats makes them really cool and want to see if they had to be AU or IF or it doesnt matter?

·
Registered
578 Posts
i have show birds and i personalize my birds the band has my e-mail address on it in case i loose one sooo i also show them but i think the judges would not care to look but if a complainte was madif i was to have won and someone did not agree then i'm sure the bird with the personal band would be tossed out but in homers it's not the show it's the performance so i dont see a problem with it

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Why do you not want to order AU or IF bands and double band them? They will have to have an AU or IF band for any awards.-If the races are AU or IF sanction they will have to have one of their bands or you will not be able to ship -Will the personal bands have different numbers?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Some folks have their phone numbers and loft name printed on the leg bands.

Just last year when i got some tipplers from New York(around 25).I accidentally left the door unlocked over night.I had to be at work early the following day,and it happened to be windy,so the door for the tippler coop swung open,and yep majority of them took off,as i only had them for a week.

Around 3 days a guy leaves a message on my cell phone saying that he found one of my birds in his driveway,and he also knew my name.So now i am trying to remember who i told about the birds taking off,and i am thinking one of my coworkers is playing a joke on me.

So i call the guy,and he says that he found the bird sitting in his driveway really skinny,and that he's about 1 1/2 mile away.So i am like how did you know it's my bird ,and how did you get my number?

He's like oh I called so on from new york,and he gave me your name and number because he sold them to you:D.

The bird was nursed back to health and living happily ever after:D:D:D.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
If you are going to race these birds then you will need either a AU or IF band. Home made bands can not be used for racing.For show birds you need NPA bands here again you can not use home made bands when showing birds GEORGE;)

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Blackknight01--you need to get with a flyer and go to a shipping night--find out the rules-see how things are done and why they are done that way. The AU or IF will have the club letters on them. The club you join wil be a member of the AU or IF..
Sounds to me like you just want to cause problems. Don't want to buy club rings-buy a clock-pay shipping costs. Pigeon Racing is not CHEAP.. And Show Racers are not Racers.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Blackknight01--you need to get with a flyer and go to a shipping night--find out the rules-see how things are done and why they are done that way. The AU or IF will have the club letters on them. The club you join wil be a member of the AU or IF..
Sounds to me like you just want to cause problems. Don't want to buy club rings-buy a clock-pay shipping costs. Pigeon Racing is not CHEAP.. And Show Racers are not Racers.
skytx is right, the best thing you could do for yourself is join a club if you are going to race pigeons, its not a cheap hobby, but not super expensive either, a local club can and will help alot. At least talk to some club members.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dont want to cause any problems, i guess im not allow to ask questions then. by the way i know show racers are not racer, i got racers, thanks for the help, so whats this forum for? only people that know everything about pigeons? I was jus asking questions beacuse i dont know thats all. thanks for your nice comments by the way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts