Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a question for those of you who loft fly, so I might know what to expect. From your experiences, when your birds are out of the loft do they have a tendency to perch on their lofts or higher elevated buildings? The reason I ask this is that my loft is only a very few yards from a very large and tall community center for a church which I was afraid they may be drawn to. And now, that they have finished building their new church next door to it...it dwarfs that building in height. This thing is huge with a pyramid shaped roof that can be seen from all angles. I am so worried that they will be drawn to it and that the church will start complaining. I am horrified that poop is going to be all over that big black pyramid and that I will not be able to let them fly!:(

·
Registered
385 Posts
Mine go as high as they can!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Lol, this is a funny post. Dont worry. If you dont want it to happen, dont let it happen. If you haven't already done so, train your pigeons to trap in to a sound. I live in an area where if my pigeon ever dared pooped on one of my neighbor's roof, animal control will come knocking so I've always taken the safety precautions of training my pigeons to my shaker. So once they are done flying or I want them to come inside, I shake the can and they trap in. I dont give them any free time to lurk around. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol, this is a funny post. Dont worry. If you dont want it to happen, dont let it happen. If you haven't already done so, train your pigeons to trap in to a sound. I live in an area where if my pigeon ever dared pooped on one of my neighbor's roof, animal control will come knocking so I've always taken the safety precautions of training my pigeons to my shaker. So once they are done flying or I want them to come inside, I shake the can and they trap in. I dont give them any free time to lurk around. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for this post! Please forgive my ignorance, as I do not have birds yet and just assumed that they would have a tendency to want to hang around rooftops before or after fights, which would create a real problem for me with my neighbors and the church leader. I am trying so hard to think of everything I will be up against and be prepared when the time comes. With careful training I see that I can overcome this obstacle. Thank you again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts