Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dear and Respected friends of Pigeon Talk. I have got your help regarding my sick pigeons some of them living happily some I lost some of them. But I have got your help anytime I needed. Today also I need a help on a complicated subject. About 3 days ago I had to change the Loft of one of my pigeon couple. I have put there loft within the territory of another pigeon couple. As I had some space related situation which was unavoidable. But my problem is that this couple refused to move into the new loft. Currently they are residing outside my home within my land but despite trying my best they still refuse to move into the new loft and surprisingly the couple who are staying in the Loft is not allowing the other couple to move in with them. This couple are behaving very aggressively towards the other couple. They are doing every possible way not to let them in there home. They are sitting on the other couples lost disturbing them by making territorial calls and the couple who is now loitering outside my home is frightened and refused to move in and throughout the day they are complaining to me and want me to shift them to their previous place which is impossible for me. I'm now helpless I don't know what to do how to turn the other couple and how to move them in my dear and respected friends please help me in this matter thank you and best regards.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
How large is the space you are trying to get them to go into? If not a large space then it won't work. Even in a good sized loft, the pigeons who view it as their territory do not like new birds coming in. Also, your other pair is going to be upset, as you cannot just easily move their space. They don't do change well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Respected Jay3 it's an 8'/ 5' varanda with one side totally iron grilled and i have well netted them eith two holes for moving in and out and it is located on second floor. Other pigeons are visiting from outside for a sneak peek. But they seem to have no interest. And the couple staying there is guarding their territory making territory calls from day to night

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Pigeons are very territorial, and don't like being moved. This really upsets them.
It sounds as though you have moved their box into the other pairs area.
The other pair are viewing the whole area as their own, as it has been for a while. They may need to be locked up in their box for a while in order to let the new pigeons move in without fighting. Is it possible to post a picture of the area you are describing?
They need their own boxes in that area.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Respected Jay3 I will be posting pix soon. Yes I moved their own box in that area. I tried my very best locking up the dominant male but the other male sitting in the box for maximum 30mnts then he is again flying away and his partner is not coming inside.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
They are not liking the new place. They don't like moving. They will try to keep going back to where they were. To them that's their home. They may go in eventually, but not if the other pair is allowed to chase them out. The other pair sees it as their territory. The new pair don't have any attachment to the new place. I may take time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts