Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many times we over look things like our Public Librarys,so when looking for information on pigeons try your local public library you just may get a pleasent suprise.Within the last week one of our members found an up to date edition of Dr Collin Walkers book "The Flying Vet's Pigeon Health Management". Times are hard for many of us and if we can save a dollar here or there it surely helps so let us know if you have been lucky enough to find material in your library.Another place might be at a thrift stores like AMVETS.:) SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND:cool:GEORGE;)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
While we are talking about libraries as source of information, I would like to drop another idea.
I found couple of good pigeon books in local library such as “Healthy Pigeon”, “Racing Pigeons”, “Aviary plans and construction” etc. After taking books, renewing them several times, the day came when I had finally to return them. Unfortunately these are not books that you read once and you got it all. You need them on regular bases. These are good books, impossible to find, maybe 10 years and more old editions.
What I did, I paid a fine. I was late to return them by 3 days. It took me three days to PDF them but I have my own copies.
Process is fairly simple if you have computer and scanner. It is disputable if it is 100% legal, but it is the only way you can get in possession of some books. :)

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Some of the older or less popular books are hard to find. I don't think there's a problem PDF'ing pages or the whole book, so long as you don't sell it of course.

At our library, we found "The Book of The Racing Pigeon". I don't recall the author, but we have it checked out and it's around here somewhere. It's a great book with lots of opinions to consider.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
That's a good idea. I looked at the library card in the back. It was checked out a LOT in the 80's, but I don't see anything past the 90's :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts